Dual QB Attack at LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Apr 5, 2018.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The big question is will Ensminger be given free reign or is Orgeron gonna think "I'm the head coach" like he did with Canada. He seems to leave Aranda alone.

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Cause it was him who'd said it, the first time I ever heard it.

swing and a miss.

Richdog likes this.
  3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

@stevescookin I think it is more Joe trying to prove he did the right thing by hiring O to fix the offense. We all knew that was the catalyst to get rid of Les, and no one but O was happy with Joe’s decision. There is a lot of pressure and both of their jobs on the line if they can’t fix it. I think they leave Dave alone because he has proven he can handle that side of the ball.

stevescookin and Bayou Tiger like this.
  4. stevescookin

Lots of pressure to be successful. I hope they are. I think Orgeron will be here 2 more seasons.

Pjoe likes this.
  5. Pjoe

Probably so. Let’s hope we do better next time & not get caught in that loop many fall in.

6. stevescookin

The fans are restless and demand a good season....including a big bowl win.

Pjoe likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You may be right, but I’d ask you, if Oeaux is “just a D-line coach”, and “ in over his head”, as you say, then why would Aranda stay? I mean, Aranda is well respected, considered by most to be probably the best DC in college football, was already offered by somebody who most would consider a “true Head Coach” in Jimbo, was once Oeaux’s superior, and decided to stay and coach under Oeaux. Why would he do that? Just for money? TA&M would’ve matched if needed.

Also, a former NFL O-line coach left an NFL team “to be under Coach Oeaux,” whom he was once a co-assistant with and then coached while Oeaux was the interim HC. “I wouldn’t have left for anyone else” is what he said when he was hired.

Lastly, why would Ensminger, a former OC who was willing to hang low and be a TE coach just to be coaching at his alma mater, and for job security, be willing to take in the OC role if he “didn’t really want it” and thought as you do that Oeaux sucks?

Why would these guys do that if they didn’t feel he was actually good at what he’s doing. I mean, they are there at practices, in meetings, on recruiting ventures, you name it, with Oeaux as the HC, and they apparently don’t feel the way you and others here do. I just don’t get the negative anticipation. I mean this respectfully. Not trying to demean your position, just trying to understand the negative expectations.

IMO, Canada wasn’t Oeaux’s guy, he was Alleva’s. It seems to me Oeaux has righted the coaching ship and now has people he can trust. I don’t see him feeling like he needs to mettle anymore, like he felt he needed to do as HC with Canada running the offense. I think he now feels he can get back to being CEO.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    six pack dan, didit and Winston1 like this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Lou is a lot of things. An original orator, he's not. I've no idea where the phrase originated but can say I'm pretty confident in saying where it didn't.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

K

Anything else you're not sure of that you want to not qualify?

And fwiw, I don't know who coined the phrase either, I only know I heard it first from ol Lou.

10. Pjoe

Other than Dave no one was really beating the door down for anyone else on staff. I understand your optimism but I’ve known of Ed for a long time and see him doing the same things he did in high school. I know people change and grow but some deficiencies seem to still be with him. We all have traits we sometime can’t shake and therefore keep us from being the ideal candidate for said task. I think the same about Joe and F. King. That’s all I’m really saying about Ed, I do not wish him to fail nor any negative karma just don’t think he’s the guy. I would never root against my school or wish for failure just to say I was right, it is just my take on this situation. Ed does really well as a position coach or head coach in a smaller venue, but not the SEC. I really wish he succeeds and I hope you remind me of my misjudgments if he does.

ParadiseiNC likes this.