Dual QB Attack at LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Apr 5, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I think the Aggies would disagree with you after Sumlin's fiasco with QBs

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Datz sum deep cheet, dere.

3. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Sumlin got fired, and Oeaux ain't seeing no 5 star qb's here.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The big problem is predictability. If Narcisse comes in and they run out of certain formations or on certain down and distance situations...you don't have to be Saban to call the right defensive formation.

Bayou Tiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like it if used appropriately. I like a coach who will try to be innovative - couldn’t stand what Miles became (and some of the stuff even during his heyday was brutal). If one qb isn’t working, try a different one. Try dual threat. Try to do something that works, and if it doesn’t, adjust.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Richdog, leroy7500, Bengal B and 3 others like this.
  6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This is true.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Right. In my opinion, this is now a galvanized coaching staff philosophically. I know coaching turnover appears negative on the surface, but I think CSE just needed someone who is confident in him for him to blossom as an OC. Since he was part of a "dual threat" QB situation as a player, and has been coaching since this time, I'm sure he's aware of the pros and cons of this approach. Obviously, one of the biggest cons is what others have eluded to, and that is the predictability. I suspect, he knows this and will stay consistent w/play calling regardless of who's in, and just alternate series w/flexibility to stick w/a hot hand or what's working.

@LaSalleAve, my man, you need to quit reading all of the negative crap on here and letting that influence you. Trust your own evaluation, and start anticipating w/positivity rather than anticipating the worse. The flip of that is to not anticipate that we'll be undefeated w/the greatest season ever and that setting up unrealistic expectations and frustration. Just sit back, enjoy the successes, stay patient, and see how the season progresses. I feel sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

ROY_LA_CA, didit, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Why do you attribute that to Lou?

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Here's what's catching my attention. The move to a "spread offense," as he's termed it, leads me to believe it's going to be based on his west coast style. That offense works. But, I stumble when I'm thinking about what it takes to make it work.

Predictability? In a sense, yes. But, it's more timing. Yes, you know where it's going but it's the point of "who is there first."

Now. How does that translate to a two QB system? I can see some games that it'll run some numbers up. I can also see that timing being disrupted. Stall.

You can't be trying to find a rhythm on offense when you are playing on the road, at Auburn, and this is your SEC opener.
    (If you're coming off a loss to UM...where's the offense trying to find identity?)

lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, a lot of good points here. Like I said, pros and cons. We’ll see.

stevescookin and lsu-i-like like this.