Dual QB Attack at LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Apr 5, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

the article links to a radio interview,.. a smart level headed kid he gave sophisticated answers to why each school made his list,.. NC State has been recruiting him from the get go, their Coach heard he was going to name his top 7, tonight at 7pt,.. so he flew across the country to talk to him one last time,.. he really likes Nebraska's QB coach,..

he really likes Coach O and the talent he'd be surrounded by at LSU,.. a smart kid, he's diplomatic when it comes to Oregon, he lives only 7 miles from Autzen Stadium,.. last fall it was hinted at that he resented how Oregon fans were/are constantly trying to funnel him into the UofO,.. the impression I get is,.. not gonna be a Duck, he wants to go out and find his way on his own, that's what I'd want to do too,.. I hope LSU gets em, I think he'd be good medicine for you guys.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the end he will sign with whoever he feels gives him the best chance to start as early as possible. I don't know the QB situation at Oregon but LSU is also high on the list of one of the top rated dropback QB;s who has said he really likes the offense that OC Ensminger is putting in.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I suspect you favor a pocket passer,..

Oregon QB Justin Herbert will be a junior, but early projections have him as next years #2 overall draft pick. We've got a highly rated unproven freshman, a soph who started five games last year, but was pretty damn awful,.. and a jc transfer just signed who could get into the mix for backup. Signing two QBs will be a recruiting priority this year. The Ducks need Michael Johnson, but I and a lot of Oregon fans don't think it's gonna happen.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Personally, I favor a pocket passer with some mobility but the coach at first said he was going to go to a spread offense but with the 3 QB's now competing for the job one is a pocket passer, one is a good runner who hasn't shown any ability so far that he will be a good passer and one who isn't as good a passer as Brennan or as good a runner as Narcisse but was the best of the 3 in the spring game. Brennan is the only one with any game experience running the offense. He would be the best option for this season if the game slows down for him and our OL turns out to be the college version of he 90's Dallas Cowboys OL>

TerryP likes this.
  5. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Stellar wasn't my term, I was showing best SEC record since 2012 happened under Coach O's guidance and I believe it will get better. Miles didn't leave him much depth, and it showed when we had 10+ starters out vs Miss State and had to play true freshmen on Oline all season. I expect a better overall record this year.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I believe it was Cole Cubelic that had NC State as one of his playoff contenders/participants last season. I thought it was laughable at the time but he continued to point to leadership and experience. How many players did they end up having drafted? There were maybe two schools that had more (and I want to say they were tied for second.)

Nebraska...with the momentum Frost is carrying right now? They'll likely snag a couple of good ones for the '19 class. Do you think Nebraska can compete with Wisconsin for that division? I do. And I suspect recruits will.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Hell yeah! Just like Saban got credit for a last second pass/run that beat us in tiger stadium a few years back.

Winston1 likes this.