Drew Brees arrested early Monday morning

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by stevescookin, Oct 25, 2011.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I just wanted to let you all know that Drew Brees and the entire Saints offense were arrested for aggravated rape early Monday morning.

It turns out that Irsay filed the charges after the Colts were invited over to Brees' house and were plied with Roofies. After they passed out, the Saints undressed and violated the colts at will....even videotaping the assault for a national viewing audience.

W. H. O'dat, the Saints attorney, denied the allegations and immediately began laying the groundwork for the defense strategy alleging that the act was consensual and was even instigated by the alleged victim who was wearing a low cut jersey emblazoned with "Will suck for Luck" on the back.

The odds on acquittal are listed as 62-7

2 people like this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

:rofl:Anyone who can make me laugh that much at 6am gets Rep.:rofl:

Good stuff!!

3. Cade

Cade Veteran Member

This headline got me good. lol

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You know, I am holding a grudge against Payton Manning. I know, it's stupid because it's just sports and it's not the meaning my life, but I do. If he ever repents, he'll be forgiven.

When the Saints won the Superbowl, he didn't go across the field and congratulate any of the winning players or coaches. He sulked, ran off the field and then, when asked about it by the press, he said..."I didn't want to take away from their moment."

Guess what, he wouldn't have.

Because their moment was defined by 42 years of losing....miserably....with a series of hopeless players and coaches. Yet the team was completely supported and loved by the city. Back in the day, in the early 70s, the Saints once lost like the Colts did last Sunday night. My dad took my brothers and me to the airport to welcome the Saints back because we felt so sorry for them...we lived only a few miles from the airport. Guess what? There were at least 200-300 other people there...unbelievable. I bet there was no one besides the players families and friends in Indianapolis Sunday night. Saints fans love New Orleans and this type of patriotism allowed all the love and support to happen despite their lack of success.

Because their moment was defined by Hurricane Katrina. Folks, there is absolutely no way I can describe what it was like to live a normal life one day and then two days later see over 80% of your city destroyed. It is almost like the destruction of Jerusalem and the resultant captivity of the nearly the entire population of Israel. You Christians ought to read the book of Lamentations to get an idea of what we went through.

Because their moment was defined by the destruction of the Superdome and its subsequent rebuilding...akin to what happened to the Temple in Jerusalem.

Because their moment was defined by the return of the displaced population and the rebuilding of the neighborhoods like Gentilly, the Ninth Ward and Lakeview...and what is happening to the former housing projects like St Bernard and Magnolia. and because of the return of the citizenry like the triumphant return of the Hebrews from Babylon.

And Payton Manning was well aware of all this...just like we are...because he was born and raised here. He was educated here. His dad was an intimate part of the love relationship between the city and the team. Payton grew up a privileged part of all this.

And he was self centered enough to not even recognize the true significance of this life changing moment. Saints fans who died and went to heaven were aware of this. When Tracey Porter pointed his finger towards the goal line after the interception, images of the dead fathers (both die hards) of my two best friends flooded my mind; and I hadn't thought of them for years.

It was that significant.

And Payton was more concerned about himself. I'll never know what it means to be the losing quarterback of a Superbowl team, but I do know what it means to miss New Orleans.