Draft class highlights

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, May 3, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Y'all do know this guy was recruited, signed and coached by LSU DC Kevin Steele. Steele was also in on the guy that was the 8th pick in the first round.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUDad The general consensus in the media seems to be that Anthony is a "plug-in and play" guy.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'm not at home now but will be later and can go into detail. I do like this draft so much better than last years

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Said by many to be one of the top three ILB's in the draft. USA Today high school All-American. Recruited, signed and coached by LSU DC Kevin Steele. A four-year starter. Anthony had 123 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, four sacks, and two interceptions as a senior in 2010. 5 star recruit by Rivals. Very athletic, played Football, Baseball, Basketball and Track in high school.

At Clemson, a player that can play all over the field, can play inside or out, drop back in coverage, disruptive, causes fumbles, can blitz, sheds blocks, gets through traffic, can work in both man and zone coverage, can play in both a 3-4 or 4-3. NFL size, with a good first step. Will fit in well with the Saints. Went a little higher than some thought, some thought he was a second rounder, but once the first couple LB's were taken, the Saints had to move. Wasn't a reach as bad as some made last year. I like this pick, should payoff right away. I like this pick along with the Peat pick. Two of the better picks at the time. Both needs.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUDad Optimistic about Anthony, but I disagree that we needed Peat. Strief just signed a 5-year deal and Armstead is clearly being groomed for the LT position long-term. At 13, you pick a guy you hope to start, and fast, but the only spot on the line that seems to be open is left guard. None of these guys is moving inside. Peat may turn out to be a good player; I just don't know where he fits with us.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

They have something up their sleeve, I'll see if I can catch someone down there and get some info. I'll be in the Quarter in a couple weeks. A friend is going to loan me his condo for a long weekend.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Guys like Peat don't come along too often, but like I said, let me see if I can find out something