Down in the West Texas Town of El Paso

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Aug 3, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I were a little kid didn't you and your friends have cap guns and water guns to pretend you were shooting at each other? Did you play cops & robbers and cowboys & indians? With video games you pretend to kill aliens and people and enemy soldiers.

Maybe the fact that the games can be so graphic with blood and gore has some effect but I have seen movie with graphic blood and gore too. I don't think much about video games. I have never had a Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo but if the violent games were made illegal people would just find ways to download them online.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Times change. So have the video games. Kids are no longer playing Pong or Space Invaders. I believe todays video games are just another sign of the violence in today's society. I may be in the minority in my view. So be it.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They said the same thing about TV in the 50's and 60's. How many people have you seen John Wayne kill?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Plenty. But I don't recall a lot of blood, gore, or gunshot wounds. I also don't recall The Duke gloating over the fact that he had killed a "bad" guy.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

This issue is not going away. Even if stringent controls are put in place tomorrow and restrictions are placed on weapons, there are still 300 million weapons already out there. Even if the “antis” got smart and put a crushing tax on ammo, there’s a lot of ammo out there, too.

The proverbial elephant in the room!

I wish I were smart enough to have the magic answer, especially for the weapons already out there.

OBTW, anyone pick up how the El Paso shooting took place in an open carry area. Not quite the deterrent predicted.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

True. They should have made it illegal to have guns in wallmart. Problem solved.......

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

There's no solutions to stop a loon from killing people. Freedom has a cost and this is one. Vball and i have been talking for years about psychiatric drugs and kids walking around like zombies. Maybe start there but losers on the internet wanting attention arent going away.

GiantDuckFan and HalloweenRun like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

@StaceyO They just said that whacko went to Plano High.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Smart Black Guy Things:
    [​IMG]