Don't try jumping back on board now!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Oct 10, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then lose the name, why don't you?

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I've been in the front seat of the bandwagon for a long time!

Wins like this reveal the trolls. I haven't seen ahab the arab around at all. Funny how people that aren't fans disappear after big wins, but complain as if they are fans after losses(or in our case, close wins).

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Please take this the way it's intended, as constructive. This site is not like most of the others out there. There is a solid core of veterans who not only care about the Tigers, they care about this Forum. There is a 'Forum Code', for lack of a better term, that exists. I was a months long reader before I started posting because I wanted to be taken seriously. Its not that others haven't said what you said but not on their first or second post. If you want to be taken seriously you have to build credibility, and I haven't seen many new posters do that by being combative right off the start. Advice to be taken or discarded as you wish.

2 people like this.
  4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

While I agree and appreciate the sentiment, I must tell you that some “fans” continued bashing of CLM and posts about how dumb some LSU players are; the multiple daily threads about how CLM is the worst coach ever, the constant whining, the bitching that even his and the team’s successes could have and should have been better while starting this season at 6-0 is not very endearing. How can they expect to be considered a fan when they NEVER post positive statements, even following a win - oh they try, but all those "positive" posts are always qualified. Think about it – Col Reb and TUSKTimes have posted more positive things about LSU than several of supposed fans on this board.

:eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

yup +1

6. clawlestiger

clawlestiger Freshman

I'm a Ala fan who can,without a doubt say,We were out played and out coached by a very good SC team ,Who played an almost perfect game.Congrats to Steve spurrier and the SC Game Cocks...Well done!!!

Every SEC coach knows that besides having great talent, It also takes a lot of luck to go through an SEC schedule unbeaten. LSU has the talent,and as you know, Some great luck,otherwise you wouldn't be 6-0
    congrats on your win in the swamp,Looking forward to our game in death valley...Roll Tide:grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

lol great post.

How did you like that 2nd down call when he ran Ford instead of Ridley? what was it 2nd and goal? was that Miles or Crowton's dumbass call? lol I like to died laughing. stupidest play call EVER. Unless Ridley was dying of AIDS , you run him EVERYTIME in that situation based on what he was doing before.

Miles/crowton hey fellas if it aint broke dont try to fix it..... and if it IS broke FIX it! not the opposite!

:rolleye33:

Miles could go 9000 - o and still be a clown. He just isnt a good coach , he is lucky I'll give you that.

1 person likes this.
  8. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

yeah it sucks to be Lsu...if only we could be well coached like Bama or Florida :hihi: :wave:

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I never predicted a season win total. I hate to make predictions because there is so much that can go either way. One play can make a year or break a yr. Think about some of the teams that missed the playoffs due to one score or fumble or???
    Heck I dont even make score predictions about teams I dont like.

as far as being a fan goes. I was a fan back when Cholly mac was coach and Ill always be a fan of LSU. I remeber my dad and I wondering what Cholly Mac was thinking substituting Woodley for Ensminger.... My Dad is long gone now, this thing I have....... pulling for LSU has being going on for a very long time. Longer than I even like to think about because it tells my age.

I have always supported the Tigers. I have two rooms full of LSU fan gear. My whole office screams LSU. Over my bar I have a Neon Tiger sign... I bleed purple n gold. At work they think the only colors in my wardrobe are purple n gold.

You got it so very wrong my friend. We are ALL on the wagon, some are drinking koolaid and some are drinking whiskey and having a grand old time.

Stating an opinion about football as it relates to the team you love does not make one " on or off " the wagon. Discussing football is a long standing tradition in my family. We cheer for the good plays just like you do. We also think it is very FUN to discuss plays, playcalling and the state of the team AFTER the game. Especially among Tiger fans.

BUT if you must USE the analogy..... Ive been an LSU fan for so long I DRIVE the GD wagon on weekends..... is that good enough to be on the wagon??

have a great day!

1 person likes this.
  10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Maybe he was tired? Seems like we like top keep our RB's fresh. I havne't seen a change alll season in calling up back-ups.

A clown at 9000-0 is pretty damn good in my book. I'll keep him and you keep your brilliant football mind who seems to have a brain fart against FCS/mid major schools about every other year.