Don't mean to sound bitter so early in this new year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

but I'll be sitting today watching two teams in major bowls who beat LSU with inferior talent but far superior coaching... and I'll be seething.

Cam Cameron just might have been the most worthless hire in the history of college football, but, by golly, he was Les's well-compensated buddy. At the very least, amid all the end-of-Les speculation, Joe Alleva should have insisted he be shown the door at the end of last season.

What's really galling is that after watching all these bowl games we're easily one of the best five teams in the country.

Color me optimistic but still pissed.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

1.5 million/year; it was theft

$TigerFan$ and Brian like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You're always bitter, rex. That crooked stick has been cemented in your ass for a decade. So you're good

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

The problem wasn't as much Cam as it was Elmer. However even if Cams hands were tied with scheme and play calling it would have not been too much to ask for some QB development. But then, did he really have much to work with?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We may be a top 10 team now but we sure as hell can't dismiss the regular season and our 4 losses. Top 5 teams finish games. We didn't. Les was a major cause of this.

Losing to bama was expected. The other 3 losses should have been wins. But they weren't. If les had been fired last season its likely we only have 2 losses instead of 4. Still doesn't get you in the playoffs. Maybe next year but highly unlikely with the fucked up schedule thanks to alleva being a pussy.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Still whining about UF? I'm more worried about Canada working out and the LBs. ST improvement would be nice too.

Teams are still going to stack the box, I hope Canada responds appropriately. I hear he likes to run the ball.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Still? I haven't even begun. because next season hasnt started and the effects will be felt throughout. It'll be discussed a year from now until the independence bowl and lsus season has concluded.

5 sec road games. You'll understand the implications of that soon enough.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

5 sec road games? We eat pieces of shit like that for breakfast. Miles isn't captain of this ship no mo.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you eat pieces of shit for breakfast ?

Brian, b_leblanc, fanatic and 4 others like this.
  10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Cam showed his ability to develop QBs in the NFL. This buck stops at the Mad Hatter. Great man, awful coach. He knee capped us for years. Even his best bud couldn't get him to release the death grip he had on the offense or his desire to run a pro style offense with running QBs.

God dammit now I'm pissed, thanks a lot Rex. The Ghost of Miles past - I hope to God we bought enough holy water to exercise that demon.

lsu-i-like likes this.