Don’t shoot the messenger ....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Nov 13, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

so wait a minute. you are saying we can't run plays with the personnel we have that other teams can run with less talent than we have?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is exactly what he is saying

LSU_4_LIFE and furduknfish like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yes it is exactly what I am saying. Sure other teams can run all kinds of plays but we beat those teams cause those plays didnt work against us. O is smart enough to not to run all sorts of crap that might please you guys but doesnt work because we are not good at it based on the players skills we have and the expperience of our QB. Everyday you guys prove I am right about your lack understanding of offensive football.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Some more than others.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

For sure. Some here really think there is some magical offense with magical plays but O and E are just to stupid to call them. We have to believe THEY are better coaches than the ones we have. If we were 4-6 or 5-5 I just might question the offense but we are an improbale 8-2. In fact I read where O wants to simplify our offense for the next 2 game so we dont waste downs on things we can't do yet, notice I said YET.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They can't even design them, how can we expect them to run them

LSU_4_LIFE and HalloweenRun like this.
  7. COTiger

He finally listened to some of our offensive guru fans.

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

How many years before O thinks we are ready to run them do you think? Cause I see the Oklahoma's and Alabamas having a lot of plays they don't need more work on.

Look E is a good coach. I don't dispute that but you cant play scared all the time. One of the reasons Les isn't here now is he wouldn't open up the offense in his last few years. In the beginning he earned the name the mad hatter by taking chances and he wasn't afraid to run anything. There has to be a balance.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I watch a lot of non-LSU football. Our running plays suck. Hardly any misdirection, it seems like we just hand the ball off to a lone back. Nothing to cause even a 1/10 second hesitation. Just vanilla handoff. Maybe with Fournette or Guice that is ok, but that is a short list. I watched some “Geographic” team the other week, and it was NOT NAVY that started right, but had a counter, going back left or vice versatility every play. Maybe they were inside reverses, something. There may be reasons for what we do, maybe to set up passing, I don’t know, but I believe we could be better.

lsu-i-like, LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  10. COTiger

You think the fact that our running game sucks is because of our offensive line? And they are offensive.