Don’t shoot the messenger ....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Nov 13, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

IMO, this is a piss poor attitude. I get it, but it’s reflective of your disdain for this entire coaching staff, not just E. We got Bama’s A game for 4 full quarters. They’re better than us, and every other f’ing team in the country. There #1 for a reason. So, do we just give up and quit trying? Throw in the towel? No, we make lemonade out of lemons, keep our collective heads up and keep trudging along. We’re still #7 in CFP rankings with 2 games to play, and many in top 10 to still play each other, perhaps twice. No one is saying we deserve to be #1. We just need to be top 4 right now! So, we got our ass handed to us by #1? So what. We need to get over that, and focus on what opportunities still exist.

When I was in medical school, you know what they called the #150 in the class? MD! Just like #1. Point being is, all of the perfectionists on here need to quit griping, and start relaxing and enjoying. We are #7 with 2 games to play, and just got John Emery to join Tyrion Davis in our future backfield. Lots to be happy about if you focus on positives.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Preach on Brother.

ehusson80 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

Just can’t think of a positive slant, eh? Do you always speculate the worse? I used to hear a lot more positivity from you, all the way till the last 1-2 years of Miles tenure. Since then, not so much.

COTiger likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know maybe if this hadn’t played out in front of eyes exactly the same the way before. Not like it matters what I say anyway, shit I thought this team would have 4 or 5 losses by now, what do I know. You seem to be taking criticism a little too personally though.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So if we beat Alabama at their place 29-0 you’d feel the same about them correct? Orgeron is the greatest of all time and peaches and cherries and a big bowl of weed. There happy?

TigerTap and furduknfish like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Man, you need to cut your dose by at least 50%.

7. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

F That I say he needs to double it !!!!

Bengal B likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

Maybe I am. Just seems a lot of people are more up in arms about our #100 offense and poor showing the past 2 games, than giving credit and focusing on that we are ranked #7 with the chance to be 10-2, and have great recruiting. Throwing the baby out with the bath water, imo. I get that this seems like Miles act 2, but I think they need a little more time and talent on that side of the ball. We've got outstanding WR talent, just need to catch up on o-line, RB, and QB. Our o-line looks good at run blocking, but we don't have elite RBs, and they can't stop anyone to give the QB some time.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Nobody knows, we’re trying to use the information provided to come to a conclusion. The lack of passing game is very concerning relative to future success, including 2 weeks from now. It is very hard to feel optimistic about winning a competitive game when we seem as one dimensional as ever on offense. There has been too much “maybe next year” disappointments to not feel tentative about success now.

As far as preseason expectations, it is clear our D was underrated. Our offense showed glimpses early but has regressed, likely because there is film on us and we’re unable to adjust.

The simplest answer is that E was not a name hire because he isn’t a great hire. That is now backed up by a season of stats that put him at the bottom of the barrel. We’re hanging on the idea that once he gets his people in everything will be better, but the likelihood of that is dwindling.

I’m not a Canada fan but without his personnel there was still an immediate change.

LSU_4_LIFE and TigerTap like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it's hard to give credit when the offense continues to slide....now at 104. we are winning in spite of our offense, not because of it....to deny this is to deny reality

the narrative that we don't have elite backs, etc. is an excuse....why cant we execute a screen pass in week 10?

o himself has now stated he doesn't know what's wrong with the offense but maybe we need to dumb it down....

seriously?

lots to be concerned about

LSU_4_LIFE and TigerTap like this.