Does it have to be black or white?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Nov 19, 2006.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Miles after over a decade and umpteen O coordinators later ran the same ole sorry ass 3 and out offense on to that field week end and week out. Couldn't recruit but maybe 1 competent QB during his tenure here. But all praise the mighty and powerful hat.

I liked the guy as a person. he ran the program with integrity and honesty, and was a genuinely nice guy. But in this world that doesn't win NC's. Throwing the ball, mixing up the offense, and throwing wrinkles in the game plan does. In over a decade he couldn't do that. He ran the same sorry ass I formation, hand off and run it Bo ball.

Judging O on his tenure at Ole Piss alone is unfair. Ole Piss has perennially sucked ass and hasn't recruited worth a shit until they started paying players and their HC was chasing hookers. His stint at SC wasn't too bad.

At least O is trying to think outside the box and has brought in an O coordinator that believes in mixing it up and scoring points. Gve him a season or two and we'll start getting real looks from some of the nations top passers, and WR's who believe that LSU will start distributing the ball around more. LSU might have a rough year with new HC and an OC, but with Aranda keeping the defense stout, this LSU squad looms to get back to '05, '06, '07 form in a hurry.

2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

The last part is why you all get slandered as Tap personas/fanboys/whatever.

Name me one person who likes Joe Alleva.

I don't know a single LSU fan who approves of the guy. You can dislike him and like a hire. i would hope you are smart enough to realize this, but comments like this suggest otherwise.

COTiger likes this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I think its time for you to turn in your fan card. As a fan you should "Pull hard" for the coach to succeed. If the coach succeeds, that means the team succeeds which is good for the school, the fans, etc. If you cant pull for this coach an team, then go root for Ole Miss. THey need the help.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Where I work they have a principal called Disagree and Commit. The decisions been made time to get on board

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

daschie isn't new here and makes no difference if she was. You wear your allegiance to LSU like a hair shirt, weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.....

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is a she. She took a walk on the wild side. Tiga says she doesn't wear panties.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

All about what have you done for me lately...as far as that "only" one defending miles? Really?

Les ain't coming back, except hopefully for the 2007 recognition

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You have your "Buffon" we have ours now.

Welcome to our hell.

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I love Les Miles as much as you, if not more, but I recognize he had let the game move beyond him and wasn't adapting. Our difference is, I am willing to give Eaux a chance, and you don't appear to be.

Brian, Pjoe, didit and 3 others like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think most of us defended Miles for years. He just stopped producing and making progress.

O clearly wasn't "the" choice, but seeing how our AD was too busy sniffing his fingers, LSU whiffed on the coaching job.

I personally think O will be fine. However, he has to win 11 games this year. You cannot fire Miles to win 10 games. Though, if he only wins 10, he best recruit some good QB's. That was Miles downfall. We missed on QB for about 6 good years and frankly, with just good QB play Miles has 2 NC's and probably 2 more SEC rings.

Brian, Pjoe and Winston1 like this.