Does anyone feel a draft?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Apr 26, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We are the Browns of college football when it comes to QB’s.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Why don't you finish your list of Vaunted" LSU NFL QBs?

You just proved Miles easily put more QBs in the NFL at LSU, than any other coach, with 4. J. Russell sucked ass under Saban. Plus he mismanaged QBs & started the undraftable Marcus Randall over the #1 draft pick. Much like he did, mismanging & starting Booty over Davey in 2000.

Russell
    Flynn (Won 2008 undisputed National Championship 4 TD passes..)
    Mettenberger
    Etling

Saban has put exactly 2 QBs in the NFL ever, 1 busting badly, became a "Sportcenter analyst", whatever that means. And yet 5 National Championships at Bama. Just need a QB do 'ya? Why doesn't 'ya boy Saban need all dem Quotabacks? I'll bet he hasn't scrapped his running game..

Stop pretending & lying about all the "Great" QBs LSU has had over the past 50 years.

LSU: 1980-1989
    1 QB drafted in the q0th round. Wickersham 1986. Bust.

LSU 1990-1999
    1 QB Hodson 1990.

That's 2 Decades of sucking at QB, except Hodson, before you ever heard of Les Miles & started averaging 10 wins a season.

Here's the one's worth mentioning, that lasted a few seasons & actually threw a few TDs from 1968-2018.

NFL Draft year:

1972- Jones
    1979 - Woodley
    1990- Hudson
    2007 - Russell
    2008 - Flynn
    2013 - Mettenberger

*Y. A. Tittle - 1940's

Russell Shepard has 4 Total TDs in the NFL, since the 2012 NFL Draft. Wow, that's pretty fricking terrible.

Bad Coaching? GTFO!
    [​IMG]
    Mr. "Can't catch against stronger opponents", directly from his Draft profile. Accurate as frick.

NFL.com
    Weaknesses
    • One-year wonder
    • Never had 200 yards receiving before this season
    • ---> Faced soft cornerback competition in conference
    • ---'> Below average speed to separate down the field
    • --->No second gear
    • --->Below average leaper who is not equipped for desired 50/50 win rate
    • Likely slot-only option
    • --->Foot quickness is very average
    • --->Effectiveness may drop significantly once his release faces a heady challenge
    • --->Nothing special after the catch

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. LaSalleAve

Trey Quinn had some really bad drops vs Alabama in 2014? Was it 14 I can’t remember but I was there and I remember 3 crucial drops. He was never really given an opportunity after that. But I don’t blame him for transferring to a team like SMU that just chucks it up and down the field.

Don Castavez likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

The good thing about coming to LSU as a receiver though is you will damn sure learn how to block and that’s a big plus in the NFL. Damn sure don’t come here to catch balls, unless you’re Jarvis or Odell and that was a complete anomaly. That’s like having Jordan and LeBron on the same team. It’s disgusting and they made Mett look a lot better than he was.

6. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Look at ya running down LSU players just to puff up Miles. You care more about Miles than LSU and it isn't close. I ain't running down players to make a point for/against any LSU coach...

Go "root" for another team. With your "support" LSU is worse off...

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

I dont think that’s fair. Tap may love him some Miles but he does make fair points backed by real stats at times. Now I also think we can’t really compare an 11 or 12 or whatever it was year job to someone who has only had the job for 1 and 3/4 seasons, and that 3/4 was as an interim. Please don’t take this as me saying I have faith in Orgeron because I don’t, but who knows what happens. All I can do is look at what has happened and make my determination based on what I’ve seen. Now, I do think the guy deserves a chance and he is getting one, I’m not calling for his job, and just because I think he shouldn’t have the job or didn’t want him to get it in the first place doesn’t mean I think he needs to be fired immediately. He has his opportunity right here and right now. LSU is declining, and that’s not on Orgeron, but it will be on him if he can’t stop the decline; can he make something out of 2018 so we can land all that rich Louisiana 2019 talent and maybe contend for an SEC championship? If I had to guess i’d say no, but that’s why it’s called a guess. We shall see.

Winston1 and TigerTap like this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Trey Quinn is a quitter & not an LSU player. Russell Shepard put up a ton of total yardage at LSU. But he couldn't catch too well & attempted to "Take himself out of the NFL Draft", embarrassing LSU. He also got into trouble, once with the NCAA, among other things, people want to forget. He's on nobody's list "To Steal" list in the NFL.

That's not running LSU or our players down, those are called Facts.

And since you're allegedly new here, or just a shitty alter, you carry your ass back to tigerdroppings anytime. Don't forget you're Pom Poms.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's not fair to call TQ a quitter. What if you had had one really bad day early on in your job and you knew your boss would never give you another chance to advance. Wouldn't you take another job where your past mistakes wouldn't be held against you?

Brian likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

Damn man I try to defend you and you go straight to insults. Come on man.

Brian, six pack dan and lsu-i-like like this.