Dodgers run is fairly historic

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Aug 15, 2013.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I went to high school in Newhall,.. I will enjoy hating the Dodgers in the playoffs.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Ah, traitor!

But nice to see more LSU fans from California (even if you are still in the closet about it and pretend to be an Oregon fan)

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Los Angeles Times:

Dodgers activated (LSU's) Brian Wilson and added him to their 25-man roster. The bearded one has not pitched in a major league game since April 12, 2012; he underwent Tommy John surgery for the second time in his career. He did not allow a run in four minor league rehab appearances for the Dodgers, allowing one hit in 4 1/3 innings with three strikeouts. Wilson, 31, is a former Giants closer with 171 career saves.

The addition of Wilson, a right-hander, gives the Dodgers three former closers to support Kenley Jansen – Brandon League and Carlos Marmol are the others.

In a surprise to no one, the unconventional Wilson elected to wear No. 00. The outgoing Wilson still has his black beard, complete with some kind of long-haired Mohawk hairstyle.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And he's got a pony tail on the beard as well, which is a bit overboard if you ask me.

But I love Wilson. The Taco Bell commercial was classic.

On the George Lopez show:

On why the Celtics are the best NBA organization of all time

On College Gameday

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

LSU's Brian Wilson gets his first appearance, pitching a scoreless ninth inning yesterday.
    He struck out two of the three batters he faced, including slugger Giancarlo Stanton. He gave up a double to pinch hitter Greg Dobbs but blew a 94 mph fastball past center fielder Justin Ruggiano to end the game.

Dodgers megastar ace Clayton Kershaw on Wilson:
    "He's pretty easy to get to know. He's a good guy. Good clubhouse guy, works hard. He fits right in with this group."

Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis said of Wilson: "He's got a great demeanor on the mound. The guy's gotten the last outs in World Series games before, so he's somebody we can count on and know he won't get rattled. He's a great piece to have out there."

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I miss him, he was a great Giant.