US Politics Doctors begin to refuse osamacare

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The worst recession in 70 years was over in four quarters. A recession he inherited.

[​IMG]

Because the F-22 is out of production, we can't be without any fighter at all to replace all the F-15s and F-16s that are being retired. Overruns in defense procurement are nothing new, they are actually the norm.

Are you seriously trying to say that Obamas international prestige is lower than George Bush? The idea is laughable.

NASA is a classic over bloated federal program that Republicans like to criticize. Obama is privatizing it which is something republicans generally like. But everything Obama does must be opposed, you see.

Your are misinformed. The $20 billion BP Trust Fund was created in June 2010 after Obama pressured BP into immediate action. It was announced right after a meeting between Obama and BP. It immediately began paying claims. It wasn't until June of 2012 that the courts finally got around to appointing an administrator.

Well, lets just see what the future brings. So far it is popular with the people who have taken advantage of it.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Less than 2% average isn't strong by any means.

Not your usual cost over run It hasn't come close to performance standards and may never. Software problems make it vulnerable, it isn't stealthy as advertised cracking in the fuselage are serious. The F-18 is still in production and is superior to any other competitive fighter. The cost over runs are so bad that it is eating up the defense weapons procurement budget. This is so far beyond the norm it is scary.

Yes and it isn't laughable it is a sad fact.

I have no problem with the privatizing of NEO satellite and manned business but the rocket I noted is a new design heavy lift rocket. It is intended for his asteroid exploration program. My friend is in charge of testing at Stennis (yes they test private engines) and says the program is very underfunded and the shortfall is killing the program.

I'm willing to see what the future holds on ACA. I hope we find a solution that works and doesn't break us this one won't work and will break us unfortunately.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think you are in the minority. I think the GOP does a fantastic job at spreading dissent and misinformation. Winston Churchill once said "the greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with your average voter".

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every modern weapon has some developmental problems and cost overruns are the norm. Cost overruns are high on this program, but the program is huge. It replaces three airplanes and its not going to be scrapped. This plane is exceptional and we are going to be buying thousands of them and so are our allies. LINK

The F-18 is 1970's technology and is only superior to other 1970's technology jets with the exception of the F-15. The US is not acquiring any more of them and production will end in 2016 when current orders are completed. LINK

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Think you are using the quote against your position. In our country the average voter could not muster up a five minute conversation about politics if they had too, probably 80% could not.

When you go to vote and you see a bunch of people with multi-colored sheets that they got in church on Sunday, telling them how to vote, now those are not conversant folks. Need I spell out how they were voting?

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The problem with the F-35 is that service needs, or should I say operational needs, are just to specific for one size fits all. Navy needs to do cat shots and wire recoveries...needs a much more sturdy airframe. Air Force does not need the weight so the airframe is sub optimized for their use.

The marines and vertical take off....We have been at war for over 10 years. Who can tell about something great that the Harrier has done. Never see a word about it, or its successful strikes or anything. Zip, Zilch, Zero. That being the case, why spend a fortune for yet a third variant that will never, ever, measure up. If vertical take off has not excelled and produced "braggin results" in Afgha/Iraq, where is it gonna excel....At the Rio Grande, maybe????

Again, the mission of the F-35 is to pay contractors who contribute to the Congress. Nothing else.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nah I think it fits. The South is a great example. Tons of people consistently vote against their own interests in the South.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I can't watch Sean Hanity (sp?) anymore cause he milks shyt too much by making guests, without much tv experience, repeat themselves. The tunnel thing, he kept making her say that was concrete that could've been used for schools, etc.