US Politics Doctors begin to refuse osamacare

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Red it is so funny that sometimes you hit the nail on the head then take a left turn at the conclusion. (sorry for the mixed metaphor). Yes the president's timing was poorly chosen and he and the Ds should have moved it a notch or two down the list. However you statement that the recovery was strong an swift is so much smoke. Yes the traditional indicators of growth turned up (the classic sign of a recession's end) but unemployment still has not recovered to pre recession levels nearly 6 years later, income is still down. The misery index is still high. Those are not the signs of a truly swift and strong recovery.

You suggestion that reform of Medicare and waste & fraud are dead on....but there is no sign that this administration was interested on capable of doing either. In fact the flawed roll out leads me to believe any effort at reform would have been butchered. The one thing the president's administration has proven is that is can't manage shit. Show me a part of the administration that has been well run since he took office.

2. sunfishguy

sunfishguy Freshman

I don't mean to butt into this conversation, but I heard in a thread that you bought some traps from dixie garden nets? Well I can't find their website so if you could tell me their email that would be great thanks.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Tiga, you're blinded by your disdain for the bills namesake. Red has already elaborated the truth on the handful of doctors who elected, some of them years ago, to stop taking insurance payments altogether. Further, MLU Tiger did an equally proficient job of explaining what constitutes a "shit" policy.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, you said it . . . all the normal indicators say swift and steady recovery. The biggest recession since the Great Depression was over in 6 months and there was no double dip. We call that swift and steady. Unemployment has gone from 9.7% to 6.2%.

Defense, for one - we've stopped the right wars (Iran, soon Afghanistan), stayed out of the right wars (Syria, Iran again), gone after the right people (Moammar Qadaffi, 74 top Al Qaeda leaders, thousand of soldiers) and bin Ladin is dead. The Health Care plan is working whether you care to admit it or not. The stimulus worked and averted a depression. The economy is good, the stock market is rolling along. The failing auto industry was turned around and loans have been repaid. Wall Street reform was passed.

He allowed the expensive ($1 billion per launch), badly designed, dangerous shuttle program to die. Cut off funding for even more bloated and problem-plagued Bush-era program to build a moon base in favor of support for private-sector low-earth orbit ventures, research on new rocket technologies for long-distance unmanned space exploration, including the largest interplanetary rover ever launched. He brokered an agreement for speedy compensation to victims of the BP gulf oil spill which has blown away the delayed and stingy compensation victims of the Exxon Valdez received.

All you have to do is look.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Why not? Cause if you believe all that, I also own a bank and two yachts.

Well at least I flushed you out. ;)

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I knew you didn't have a clue.

7. LSUTiga

Not a problem. I am ALWAYS glad to talk about turtles. I recently tried to find their website also and it seems they are no longer in business. There are other places to buy those kind from other companies. If you're interested shoot me a message. If you don't know how to do that just kick that old thread up in the Sportsman forum (whatever the name is) and I'll answer there.

8. LSUTiga

Nah, I just know arguing with you about Obama is moot.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is this you and one of your yachts?

[​IMG]

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No economist has called the recovery swift Red. Again unemployment is STILL higher than when the recession started. The median income is lower there is no way to call that either swift or complete. Actually GM and Chrysler will cost the treasury. The Wall Street banks have been anything but reformed they are still "too big to fail" and engaging in the same acts that led to 2008.

Defense...lets see the F-35 is the most expensive and over budget program in history (he may not have started it but why hasn't he stopped it?). They are culling officers on active duty in Afghanistan. With the reductions we will not have enough armed forces to fight 1 sustained war.

Syria, Libya and Iraq have turned out well. How has his reengagement with Russia worked? In spite of your chest pumping claims the prestige of the US is LOWER than when W left office with Europe, the ME and SE Asia.

Friends who work for NASA say they are so underfunded.. a recent article in the Wash Post, NY Times told of how there wasn't enough to fund the new heavy lift rocket. BTW W cut the shuttle program, the current occupant had nothing to do with it. He delayed engagement on everything including the BP and had nothing to do with the judgment (hint judgments are judicial acts...the president is in the executive branch).

Finally the health care reform is showing to be more expensive than planned and the really unpopular and expensive parts were delayed by executive action till after he leaves office. The sad thing is he put in the easy and popular part such as no pre existing conditions without providing a means to pay for it.

Those are a few off the top in response...I'm sure goggle would turn up many more.