US Politics Doctors begin to refuse osamacare

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 4, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Where's that dam NCTiger? All that bullshit about having plans that weren't worth a shit being the validity for osamacare.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/04/doctors-begin-to-refuse-obamacare-patients/#ixzz39TWQ2xHZ

tigerchick46, gyver and shane0911 like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tiga, if I'm the weed guy on this board, you are definitely the anti obamacare guy.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He ain't alone

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This has been going on for a while, long before Obamacare. Some doctors have even stopped taking insurance altogether and have opened concierge practices, seeing only wealthy patients who pay annual retainers. But there just aren't enough wealthy patients for this to become widespread. The average doctor is dependent on insured patients. Baton Rouge General dropped Humana patients a few years ago because they though compensation from Humana was too low. It didn't take too long for them to change their minds about it. They lost huge amount of business.

Many have tried to drop Medicare patents and discovered that their business suffered. As more and more retiring Boomers are shifted from private insurance to Medicare, the more important it will be to accept their business.

5. red55

You have good reasoning for your weed stance. Tiga and Shame do not even understand the matter thoroughly. They just blindly hate Obama. Whatever he does is wrong. That is their only criteria.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't speak for me amigo. You suck at it.

I don't hate "everything" obama has done. I'm sure at some point in his life he has done something worth a damn. I do however am not a fan of a health care plan that is going to break the country and force it into socialized medicine which was the plan all along.

7. red55

Right, I'm sure he loved his mommy. You hate everything he has done as president, don't you?

It is nothing close to socialized medicine. The VA system is much more like socialized medicine and the Louisiana charity hospital system is pure socialized medicine. Neither is it going to break the country, the system it replaced had costs spiraling out of control and was unsustainable. If you'd like, make a case for how ACA is socialized medicine and how it is going to break the country.[/QUOTE]

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

it must suck to let a president run your life. As bad as Bush was, I was never worried because Im professionally educated and self informed. No one person makes my luck in life.

9. old school

old school Veteran Member

My general practitioner decided to stop taking new patients. Just his way of not having to deal with a whole lot of the crap about to come his way. The last time I went with my father to see his cardiologist the esteemed M.D. made a disparaging remark about Obama and openly criticized Obamacare.
    This is just simple logic. If a lot more people see a limited amount of physicians the quality of care goes down. You either can't get an appointment as quickly, or the amount of time and attention dedicated to your visit suffers, or both. This is exacerbated when physicians limit or reduce their workload, retire early, etc., because many can, have and will.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So let me get something straight...

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2014/August/04/A-Doctors-Perspective-On-Obamacare.aspx

The article states he will receive a payment from Medicare (not the ACA, which is not an insurer) that's somewhere between Medicare's reimbursement and a private insurers reimbursement. That's higher than what Medicare reimburses, not less unless I';m missing something.

Also, this isn't a worthless insurance plan. A worthless insurance plan provides no legal obligation to provide care. A worthless insurance plan is when you make payments for years only to get into an accident and learn that you will pay your entire emergency room and hospital stay out of your pocket. Insurance isn't for the physician. It's for the patient. This is a doctor choosing to not accept a plan, which many have done for decades with Medicare already. I guess this physician will just lose a source of income and another physician will gain a source of income. Isn't that how the free market works?

I'm going to have to side with the millions who now have healthcare coverage over the handful of asshole doctors who now might get shorted $20 bucks for their ideological differences with the ACA. This also doesn't take into account the future growth of the exchanges which will provide more options that will close this huge $20 gap. Doctors have always made choices whether or not to accept medicare or certain kinds of insurance for various reasons long before the Heritage Foundation developed the Health Equity and Access Reform Today through as a response to the Clinton's single-payer plan or before Mitt Romney signed it into law in Massachusetts. Why should now be any different?

Like many businesses and families in America, he's just going to have to figure out a way to get by with less. Maybe he can play golf at the muni course instead of the country club?

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.