Do you treat atheist like second class citizens?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Lilac

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

buttercups and lilacs are all you talk about. and you seem very sensitive. how uncomfortable does it make you that you seem gay?

i am not saying you are gay, just why you are so touchy about it.

do the rest of you feel like you treat gays or bud lee like a second class citizen, and justify bud lee's touchiness about it? are you one of the people making him feel "threatened"?

3. Bud Lee

Kelly Green

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

next time dont start an accusatory thread and pretend it was a question and we wont need to go through this.

5. Bud Lee

Charcoal

6. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Me too - To each his own.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

the "It is not for me to say who is right and who is wrong." is a cowardly and dishonest attitude. it is a way of protecting your own beliefs from criticism.

there is reality and there is lies. you choose. there is truth and there is right and wrong.

if i say that up is down and down is up, you wouldnt say "hey good for you, you have your beliefs". you would say "thats absurd you are wrong". why does religion get a free pass where we pretend everyone is right about everything?

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man religion. No better topic to get the fire going. So many strong opinions on this, people just dig in and fight... I find it fascinating, the whole religion argument. And I am not staying I am not a Christian or that I am. For me that is between me and "my god" or "my ideology". I never like anyone forcing their beliefs on me for anything. I don't care what it is. Just the passion of which people fight and argue over religion... Just fascinating.

Religion is the biggest middle rail topic in the world.

Oh as for Atheists on Christmas. I am sure they do since by definition the whole Santa thing has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual purpose of Christmas. I am sure they refer to is as Holiday gifts.

My single belief on religion is this. Get out of it what you want. If you have an enriched life because you have chosen to worship or live a certain way in the name of a god you choose. Fantastic more power to you.
    Just dont cast stones at those who think different from you.

9. Bud Lee

Finally something merit...only took 3 post.

It is not cowardly or dishonest to be tolerant of peoples beliefs. You're not protecting your own beliefs by calling someone an idiot for believing in something you can not understand. A persons faith is not as simple as up and
    down Martin.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

when i say "your religion is stupid", i dunno if i would call that "casting stones", it is just a disagreement, a fair assessment. religions are in fact infantile and absurd. i am not saying you cant be religious, i am telling you that as a sane adult you should be better.