Do you treat atheist like second class citizens?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I just hate seeing my tax dollars spend on religious agendas and institutions. There needs to be an inpenetrable wall between all levels of government and religion (organized and unorganized).

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont feel threatened i just feel like religious people are stupid and they ruin things by being idiots.

they argue over god and kill each other and bomb my town and act like lunatics and make me embarrassed for them and stuff. yunno, they are morons, there is nothing i can do about it. dont feel threatened though.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

calling someone an idiot is not as bad as believing that they deserve to burn for all eternity.

obviously i realize i am not going to burn, but the idea that you think i deserve it makes me think less of you religious folks.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Exactly how I feel about atheists. Don't worry though Martin, I keep you in my prayers.

1 person likes this.
  5. martin

martin Banned Forever

do you feel that way about religions beside your own? like scientologists or anamists or ancient greeks? what about teenage goth wiccans? worthy of your respect?

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Being an idiot for all eternity is almost the same, without the pain, of course.

Seems a little sadistic, sure.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I always wondered if atheists take off of work for christmas? and do they accept gifts on christmas?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

do non irish folks drink beer on st patrick's? do non mexicans have a corona on cinco de mayo? do you celebrate santa with your kids even though you know santa isnt real?

atheists like to party. they dont need an actual cause, a pretend cause will do fine.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

also you should let atheists speak for themselves. if they are "threatened", let them say it instead of speaking for them. i kinda think you made it up that they feel this way

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

In all seriousness Martin, I feel that the above, as well as atheists, are misguided. I do not harbor any malice toward any of them and pray for them often.