Do you think WW is working behind the scenes?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

first of all, you could never get kids to sign that in a million years. every kid with any NBA aspirations would avoid college. and that would be a disaster for kids who need college to develop. and they could just go overseas and play anyways. your idea is nonenforceable, stupid, and hurts almost everybody involved. the NBA wants players. they dont want them to not be allowed to play for years. and they definitely dont want them to go play in europe or australian leagues, which they would.

so i ask again, how would you stop them from playing for madrid? secret police? and why not just leave them the fuck alone.

also some states wont enforce these non-competes, and kids would just go there. it would destroy the schools in the idiotic states that do enforce these laws.

you wouldnt transfer from a school to better your career? like joe burrow did?

if they cant play pro ball after enrolling in college, you are clearly preventing them from making a living with their abilities. basically taking money out of their pockets. and many of them are poor kids. some people want to go to school, and then they want to leave and get a job. nothing wrong with that. its practical.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

does it amuse you the idea of of forcing a kid to not earn what he is worth? take away a real career and send em to flip burgers? fuck em, just flip burgers, eh? fuck these atheltes and their early morning practices and eating right and lifting weights and going to college. go flip burgers, right?

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

do we also do this to other careers? like an engineering student ofnscholarship cant work? cant take a job at exxon for a certain number of years? why restrict it to athletes? i mean mickee dees is always hiring huh funny guy

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

What's wrong with them earning an honest living?

[​IMG]

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am aware you think that is funny. its a deflection from my destruction of your stupid points.

the goal isnt to screw over athletes with huge earning potential and send them to flip burgers. you want to be unserious about this because you have not thought it through. think about what the purpose of a school is, to prepare people for careers.

think about tari eason. he wanted to play in the NBA, make millions for himself and his family. a noble goal. or joe burrow. they thought they found a place that would benefit them in their careers. they were right. eason will be drafted in the first round. when he came here he wasnt close to that level. LSU gave him the opportunity to showcase and develop.

should eason have signed an idiotic non-compete clause and be not allowed to the league for 3 years? who does that help? should joe burrow have been required to stay one more year? to prove what? forced to flip burgers because you are terrible at thinking?

i get that your points are very poorly considered and you want to make jokes. i guess that is a way people operate. say dumb things, make bad decisions, and ruin things for others with bad ideas. i guess that is more or less how the NCAA works. more rules, more enforcement, no consideration of the players wellbeing. fuck them, let them flip burgers.

6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The reality is most elite college athletes are treated like kings and queens while on campus. If we're being completely honest, most of those athletes shouldn't even be walking on a college campus. I feel confident in saying that 70 percent of the elite athletes can't read and write on grade level, much less do college level work. Is flipping burgers beneath them? Maybe they would learn the value of hard work and wouldn't go bankrupt later in life. Seventy percent of all pro athletes are bankrupt within five years of leaving the sport. The staggering stat is 90 percent of elite athletes never make it to the NBA or NFL! Flipping burgers may actually save them from a life of poverty, imprisonment or drug addiction down the road!

Perple likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

maybe instead of transferring or going pro, they can be jailed and forced to hard labor. so instead of them being able to support their families, they learn the value of hard work. maybe ja morant should be banned from the NBA and beaten up daily, to make him tough. hardship builds character, so lets create hardship instead of success.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You point out Ja Morant, but he is the one player in a 1,000,000 that makes it! The rest are left with no skills and often fall into a life of crime because they don't want to work hard like the average man. Some people work three jobs to meet the family's needs and I respect that! Just because you can play a sport doesn't mean you're above pushing a lawnmower, painting a house or working in a burger joint. I just read a story a few minutes ago that former NBA all-star John Drew is facing stage 4 bone cancer and on the verge of death. His basketball career was cut short because of a drug addiction and with no skills he's been a taxi driver for many years. A few years ago he was voted into his HS HOF, but refused to go back for the ceremony because he was too embarrassed about how his life has unfolded. In fact, he has never returned to his hometown since leaving the NBA for the same reason. My grandmother used to always say a little hard work never hurt anybody and if you didn't agree, she had a switch to quickly change your mind. It worked for me and it would help a lot of young people prepare for the real world that lies ahead.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i agree i just said i think the players should be prevented from ever playing basketball and sent to labor camps. or at least, as you guys have suggested, forced to sign contracts enslving them to one program and preventing them from working playing basketball.

like for example joe burrow should have been prevented from transferring to LSU and instead beaten with baseball bats generally about the head and face area. toughen him up and make his life better. the fans want to watch players for 4 years and if they want to transfer, screw them. perhaps they should be placed in a torture chamber and have spikes slowly pushed into their guts.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the NCAA has no say about that. its the NBA that requires one year wait between high school graduation and drafting. has nothing to do with the NCAA. they can go play in europe or australia or backpack in europe for a year. the NBA makes them wait and its nothing to do with the NCAA.

you dont seem to understand any of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.