Do you #standwithahmed?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by StaceyO, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I doubt that very many middle class Americans would move to a middle eastern country for any scholarship. Europe, yes. And there has been no mention of the quality of education he will get in Qatar. Or whether he is even smart enough to qualify for Harvard or MIT.

There has to be a reason that wealthy Arabs are educated in the USA and Europe and not in their own countries.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Eh...he could have moved to Plano, gone to one of the rigorous (and I do mean rigorous, now that my daughter is in one; I see it firsthand) public high schools and gained admission to MIT or Harvard. Our top graduates do every year. If he is as brilliant as our top graduates from Plano are.

tigerchick46, Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, this African-American is a muslim, and he doesn't share the Euro-centric notions of European-Americans.

The national science academy is a very good one. He still has to qualify for college, which is 4 years away.

For college, when they are adults and can leave their parents. This a prep school.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But he's not Asian, how would he fit in? :D

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Oh, there's a large Muslim population, too. Plano is truly a melting pot, but I'm happy that it is because my daughters know what the real world looks like.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And white gated communities and private schools are too expensive.

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

As long as he's not white Obama would make sure he's got some sort of advantage. :D

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Obama had another daughter he wouldn't say she looks like you

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Well, like the dude you mentioned who went to sandhurst, he should. education is pretty terrible in the Muslim world. Those guys aren't really lining up to win nobels.

He a,so doesn't share Eurocentric notions of modern liberal freedom and progressivism, preferring a country that has barbaric values. But at least he put a clock in a box once, that was incredible.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe Ahmed plays soccer. The 2018 World Cup will be in Qatar. No way he's good enough to make the American team but the Qatarians might have place for a celeb sub. If he is going to be an athlete he needs a nickname. Call him Tick Tock Mohammed