Do you like LSU's proposed three permanent opponents?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Mar 4, 2023.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

According to reports, it appears LSU will have Alabama, Texas A&M and Ole Miss as its permanent opponents starting in 2024. What do you think?

I'm okay with it, but if I were choosing, I would pick Alabama, Texas and Arkansas. No explanation needed for Alabama. For years, I've been sick of hearing from Texas fans about how great they think they are and would love to watch LSU stomp a mudhole in them! It would also be great for recruiting. IMO, Arkansas is our biggest rival next to Alabama and I enjoy watching "The Battle for the Boot."

If I had to pick one alternate, I would pick A&M, simply because it would great for recruiting and I can't stand Jimbo! Of course, he may not be there in 2024!

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I like the 3 teams proposed as our permanent opponents. They and Fla. have been our biggest rivals (current & historical).
    I particularly love that Ala.’s proposed 3 permanent opponents of LSU, Aub. & Tenn. has pissed off Saban. Ala. has been playing those same 3 teams every year for the last 5 centuries. Was he hoping to get Vandy, Miss. St. and South Carolina (or Missouri) for his 3 permanent opponents?

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The grouping makes sense to me. I was never a fan of the so-called Florida rivalry, thought it was forced on us with the permanent opponent proposal back when, and we kind of ended up with Florida by default. Actually, the same is true with Arkansas, trying to invent a rivalry by creating The Boot trophy, but from what I understand the teams have bought in, so I’m good with it now. Interesting sidenote: appears to me that the three big money schools in the conference will be Bama, A&M, and Texas. LSU is the only one that will face two of the three in the new configuration.

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I wouldn't mind playing either Texas or OU as a permanent opponent. We are 1 game behind Texas in the all-time series. We are up 2-1 over OU. Sample size is too small. Weird, we've only played OU with our NC teams. (2003 & 2019). Also sort of weird, the only other OU losses those 2 OU teams had before LSU, was a lose to KState

I'd say Bama, Texas/OU & A&M/Auburn. I think having a strong core 3 permanent teams would look at lot bette to the CFB voters.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I always looked forward to the Florida game.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I would prefer Texas over TAMU. Always been underwhelmed by A+M. they always think they’re better than they are.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

When we go to 12 teams in the playoff, I don't think it's going to matter what 3 permanent teams you have on your schedule. I just want 3 big-time opponents for the fans. For too long, season-ticket holders had to pay for inferior games like Sam Houston, McNeese or ULM, so if you can add three permanent big-time SEC games, I think it will lessen the sting of ticket prices for all fans. I know you have to have a couple of cupcakes, but beefing up the schedule makes it much more tolerable!

8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Looks like I’ll be the lone person here who is annoyed that we got stuck with Bama. I’d prefer our three to be aTm, Ole Miss, and Arky. We’ll see if this configuration is actually what will be.

One pairing that is way weird is Oklahoma with Florida. That one makes no damn sense and I’m sure both Sooner & Gators fans are scratching their heads over it.

I also hope that these opponents are only set for something like 10 years, then reevaluated.

Bestbank Tiger likes this.
  9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Where are you finding this info? I would love to see what other teams are getting

10. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

6D802F79-69F4-43DC-961B-54CF0F472DA4.jpeg

dachsie likes this.