Do You Butter Your Toast the Wrong Way?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Is this the way you kill the next 6 1/2 hours? IconLOL.gif

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No. Time to start getting toasted

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

They need to make a horizontal toaster so butter doesn't drip and make a fire hazard. I don't mean a toaster oven I mean a slotted toaster that the bread goes in and you push the lever, except horizontal.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, exactly what I was thinking

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would buy one. Invent it and you will make a fortune

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Ok what about a normal toaster with little flip out legs on one side so you can make it horizontal temporarily.

Butter the bread, the butter is still semi solid. Put the bread in there, push the lever, bread drops, flip out the legs, tip the toaster over, place the plate in front so the toast ejects on to it. Butter has melted into the bread, tastes like the delicious Texas toast from canes.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What the hell is wrong with a toaster oven? I have never used anything else. Slot toasters are jokes. I can toast buns, oversized poboy loaves, bagels, you name it. The door pops open and the tray slides out. I can also bake a small pizza on it and don't have to heat up a huge oven. I can broil a steak on it or bake a potato when an oven is simply overkill. No one makes a sideways slot toaster because they make no fucking sense at all.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The problem with that is that butter from the toast on the slots that would be above the bottom slot would drip down on the bottom. Also there would have to be some kind of a tray to catch dripped butter that could be cleaned. You can't do that with a regular toaster. It's more feasible to make one with 4 to 6 side by side slots with a slide out drip tray at the bottom.

With side by side toaster you could also make things like cheese toast that you can't do in a regular upright toaster.
    Like red said, I also have a toaster over and I use it for things like cheese toast and toast with peanut butter already on the bread as well as to broil steaks, burgers, ect. I also have a regular toaster that I sometimes use because it's quicker when I'm in a hurry.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You already have one
    .[​IMG]

GregLSU likes this.