Discipline

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Sep 4, 2011.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

The discipline showed by our guys last night may have been the best, especially for an opening game. than I can remember. I don't recall any drive killing llegal procedure penalties that have been all to common the past few years. I think we only had one block in the back penalty on kick returns.

Also, that holding penalty on the third and long pass completion was totally bogus.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I agree. We also played assignment football too. We usually are out of position, but not in this game.

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I was very impressed with the way the defense looked. I spoke about this before the game, that the defense would have to actually use sound, fundamental tackling, and they did exactly that, apart from a couple of missed tackles. Very proud.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It looks like August camp has been effective. Offense and defense and special teams were all clicking in mid-season form, give or take a bad snap here and there. They just need to keep in shape, stay out of trouble, and go to class and this could be a special season.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I was very impressed with the lack of penalties by LSU, the non chaotic way they transitioned players on and off the field, and not getting any delay of game's except one on a punt.

I have to give credit to the new OC and the "tempo" training in spring for the defense to get them ready for this.

I think this game was the first time in a long time we could say LSU played "solid, fundamental football".

1 person likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I will say it again, when Oregon puts up 60 points and almost 700 yards on offense this week, we will appreciate even more what these boys did on defense Saturday night.

Discipline is correct. Assignment football at it's finest.

7. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

....agreed and nothing to really doubt that Oregon cannot put up those kind of points down the road.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU showed the book on how to deal with Oregon and I expect every team will follow it this season. Stack the line and stop the run and dare Thomas to throw the football.

1 person likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He'll throw for 300 yards next week.

Watch.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Auburn did that and we followed their lead.

except auburn did it with nick fairley and LSU did it with a dominating front 7.

but only a handful of teams can do what either team did. they will face little resistance the rest of the year.

although im thinking thomas has a shaky year and regresses. he looked worse than our new qb.