Disaster in Puerto Rico and the Orange Idiot focuses on the NFL

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My mistake for some reason I thought I was responding to the Duck. You are a very funny, clever and reasonable poster Bengal. Looking at the post now you were responding to GDF got mixed up. Still funny at least to me.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As I said earlier, the kneeling may not be intended to disrespect veterans or the flag, but a solid majority interpret it as disrespect. To be effective a message must be understood by the audience. If it isn't heard and understood it's useless.
    I understand the Seattle Seahawks players have decided to establish a foundation with their own funds to address issues in poor neighborhoods. It implied that they would no longer kneel. Tha seems to be the right approach. I'm sure it will disappoint extremists on both sides.
    If that's correct I fully support them and will be a supporter of the Seahawks.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's a nice gesture with positive overtones and maybe might make a difference in a few peoples lives. It's not going to end racism or any perceived police brutality. That would require a big change in the culture of the hood. Nothing anybody can do can stop one man from killing another.

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The Washington Post is reporting that Trump was so focused on the NFL and so determined to create a divisive issue that he didn't accept any briefing on Puerto Rico's devastation for four whole days.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The Washington Compost?

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

He waits five days after Hurricane Maria to even address the devastation, and then seven days more before he visits Puerto Rico. And the purpose of his trip there? Why, not to console nor to help, but to pat HIMSELF on the back, of course... to call his own response "excellent" even though it's been the very opposite of that, and to publicly thank people who were thanking HIM. And in the middle of all his self-praise there were still frequent insults aimed at the people of Puerto Rico, suffering right outside the room while he said they should be congratulating themselves for not dying as did New Orleanians after Katrina. Then he walks out of the room to throw paper towels at them... Mardi Gras style.

He truly is scum. And nobody with any sense considers him a legitimate president. Rex Tillerson: "He's a moron."

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Shame on Tillison for calling you a moron, insulting morons like that. Turd in a punch bowl.