Dinner for 2

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by dltigers3, Mar 2, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yep !!!

It's a little different because the sausage and chicken get's a little tougher from the freezing/thawing/cooking cycle...but it's not very noticeable. You freeze anything too long though and it gets dried out.

Cream sauces are tough to freeze though...they tend to break unless the roux is made with rice flour.

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Go to Chris's Specialty Meats and get those frozen bags of gumbo or etoufee

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

but if you nuke it on a defrost/medium setting, that helps. its a bit slower, but it also keeps the meat from turning to leather because it isnt cooking it as fast.

but i have great success with jamba in the freezer.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

wow, and to think of the massive quantities i have thrown or given away........

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ditto on spaghetti sauce. My wife always makes enough for more than one meal. Reheat (in a pot on the stove, never the microwave) with a fresh batch of pasta, and you're good to go. Only problem is, my wife likes traditional spaghetti, while I prefer thinner pastas like vermicelli or angel hair. We have to take turns on pasta thickness.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

cook her pasta first. take it out. cook the angel hair in the same water. angel hair only takes about 3 min.

next? :hihi:

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I love leftovers. I love the feeling of opening the fridge and being able to eat without cooking, buying anything, or having to go anywhere. I will usually make 3-4 times as much as we need and just eat that every meal until it's gone.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I got frustrated with cleaning all of the tupperware from doing that until I stopped trying to do it like mom. I am now a bigoted, wholehearted devotee of the heavy-duty ziplock bag.

I got every size.

9. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Chili-mac is my favorite hands down. I cannot find it anymore though. I did find a recipe for making it from scratch, but it's not quite the same. :bncry:

1 person likes this.
  10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The tomato basil penne (or something like that) is very good. The lasagna is an old classic that pleases everyone.