Dinner for 2

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by dltigers3, Mar 2, 2010.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Leftovers are awesome. We cook mostly on weekends (family of 2 as thread starter). Throughout the first few days of week, we have great food (usually all leftovers) with little effort to prepare it. I usually have food at work that co-workers would kill for.

Someone suggested freezing stuff like red beans, spaghetti sauce, etoufee earlier. That is a great suggestion. We do this regularly. just freeze it in quart size ziploc bags and you have great meals for a long time.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I would love for this to work out for me, but when I freeze stuff, I always end up forgetting about it.

...then I find something disgusting in the back of the freezer two years later...

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here's easy for you then:

[​IMG]

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I once had a girlfriend who never ate a full plate of food in a restaurant, always taking a go box home with her . . . which she never seemed to get around to eating. There were always about a dozen go boxes containing biology projects in her fridge.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Lots of good suggestions here but the number one suggestion of all is missing, in my opinion.....

Forget cooking and become regulars at your local neighborhood cafe !!! :grin:

:thumb:

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Damn, so hungry now.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i do leftovers in the freezer. particularly things like gumbo, soup,s and jambalaya. things that nuke really well. on those evenings when i dont have time to cook its a big help.

and makes for tasty lunches when i dont want just a sandwich. of course, thats what the boudin stash is for too.:grin:

8. dltigers3

dltigers3 Veteran Member

Whenever we have leftovers, the majority of them get thrown away. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm starting to try stuff tonight. Anyone have a gumbo recipe for 2-4? I would try to just scale mine down, but everytime I do that it nevers seems right. (I guess I'm not as good at math as I thought)

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is what we do at our house. I have a son who is one of the pickiest eaters I have ever seen. There are very few things he will eat. I say let him starve but "mommy" has to cater to her baby boy. (He's actually a cool kid, I'd be his friend if I were his age but I'm not, its my job to kick his @ss on a regular basis to build character, generate order and instill discipline!) We buy these relatively small plastic containers at the store, not as thick and durable as Tupperware. They are just large enough to hold about two servings of food. We save red beans etc.

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

i've never tried to freeze/nuke jambalaya. does it handle it well?