did we sweep Louisiana this year so far?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by K_Jay, Jan 1, 2008.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :crystal: :helmet: I just hope that trend continues. The other day I asked Parso about T. Edwards and another player (can't remember his name at the moment) and he said he felt pretty confident that both would be Tigers when all is said and done. I hope so, since it would lock up the rest of the guys from La that we want and boost the 08 class significantly.
    Just worries me when they keep dragging it out. I'll feel much better when they actually say something themselves, although I certainly don't doubt Parso's comment. Guess I just wish they wouldn't have to wait until half-time of the All-Star game to commit. They surely know where they are going at this stage of the game. Just milking the process for all it's worth I guess. The longer it goes on, the more time there is for "bad stuff" to happen.:geauxtige :champs: :LSU231:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Tolliver & Edwards (who it's not over with yet) have both been battles. Just because the battles aren't highly publicized doesn't mean they aren't happening.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Quite the contrary. Example, had McKnight announced early that he was USC bound, he would have been hammered daily. It was bad enough even with him waiting till loi day when he took my freaking breath away when he put that got dam cardinal cap on.

Shut up vball. *Tiga slappin vball* :hihi:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As I would expect, as you are not an LSU fan.

Lionel may have received a verbal offer, but never an official offer.

We aren't debating whether LSU has gotten every La prospect that we have offered. Just because we offered them at one point in time doesn't mean that we wanted them to sign their LOI with us.

We lose several top 10-15 Louisiana guys a year because we can find better guys at their position from out of state and/or we don't have a need at their position. It's just the nature of the game.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

as a whole, not literally. of course d1 players are wanted by many people. :dis: i was comparing it to the long, drawn out battles elsewhere.

ps. most here have NO IDEA about Luther Davis, and if your idea comes from TigerBait you dont know...

just sayin. ;)

6. philter

philter Founding Member

You sound intelligent, you have to realize that every school, even Bama, has more than 25 offers "out" to kids each year - but you cannot have more than that enrolling each year. Thus, the solution, as most know, is that coaches throw out scholarship offers to keep kids interested - but they cannot all call up and commit.

I think Antoine McClain tried to do that very thing to Bama earlier this year and was told to "look around to make sure". You and I know that is code for "we are looking at other people higher on our board right now".

So...if we get McClain, will we have "stolen" him from Alabama?

Again...the ONLY kid this staff has lost is McKnight. That is just simply how it is...Luther would have been a steal had we not pulled his offer, the coaches are allowed to change their mind in situations like his. He tried to commit again after the drama..up to just before signing day...but his calls were refused.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I think so. I don't value Saban's opinion on Offensive Lineman or Tight Ends at all. We are playing in the NC game with 2 converted DL on the OL due to Saban's mistakes. Miles is bringing in the players LSU need to upgrade both the OL & TE positions. I do agree McKnight has been the only loss this staff has had.

8. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

That they committed well before signing day doesn't mean there wasn't a battle for there commitment or more significantly that other schools weren't in the state trying hard to get a commitment from them.