did we sweep Louisiana this year so far?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by K_Jay, Jan 1, 2008.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Not going into the Davis debate again...two sides to that story that we'll never agree on... :thumb:

The point earlier Parso what LSU has had offers out to recruits in-state that have left for other schools. The only "battle" down to the end may have been McKnight...

Leaving the '08 class out because all isn't said and done yet I can think of two kids from last season. Jason Peters comes to mind because you guys made a last minute push for him with a late Jan. visit but he went with Ga. Tech. Lionel Breaux had on offer, but I don't think he visited LSU last year...I know we attempted to get him in and couldn't.

If it was a statement about the top 10-15 players in state...

2. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Jason Peters was offered to grayshirt. He wasnt a priority so the coaches let him go since he wouldnt accept the grayshirt.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

We didnt really have any battles in the state this year. Conveniently for us, most other teams stuck to their own states and we pretty much go t who we wanted.

4. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

I guess that's one way to look at it. I doubt there were many out of state schools that were interested in recruiting Chase Clement, Deangelo Benton, Tim Molton, Deangelo Peterson, the Taylor brothers, and Matt Branch.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As it has been discussed here before, "offers" is not clearly defined. Lots of kids have LSU offers, but that doesn't mean that they can come in with this class. If you are going by the Rivals or Scout listing of who has offers, it's going to appear that we've lost lots of kids. Those lists of offers are self-reported by the prospects though & are not accurate.

Our "late push" for Peters was for a gray-shirt offer, and Lionel never had an LSU offer.

And feel free to discuss the '08 class. LSU will "lose" (according to your definition) Robby Green & PJ Smith, 2 players that we have better players coming in at & could not be a part of LSU's class if they wanted to be.

:confused:

6. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

I think it was more of a statement of who we wanted on the team.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I didn't recall if they were "committable" offers or not...just remembered those two guys off the top of my head.

I remember the gray-shirt now that you mention it; simply forgot. So, what you are saying about Lionel is he received a letter of interest, but not an offer?

I knew Robby wasn't offered, but have to admit I haven't followed what was going on with PJ Smith other than just seeing his name out there a few times. My definition earlier was "received an offer." But, it wasn't along the lines of the "committable" offer that a lot like to throw around.

My comment earlier about the top 10-15 in the state is you haven't lost but a few of them over the last 6-7 years. I didn't mean to "confuse" you. :lol: :thumb:

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:rofl: :rofl:

Well you are the one who asked it?? No wonder the confusion if you weren't sure either. :wink:

9. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

The original question was a statement :LSU231: . However, in general, I am very confused. :insane:

1 person likes this.
  10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

so far we have gotten every single Louisiana player we have gone after.