Did Trump Break Pentagon Rules by Signing MAGA Hats in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Dec 27, 2018.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't think I've ever used twitter. I also don't think I'm missing anything.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You never know until you look. Go ahead. Tweet some angry messages. You'll feel better about yourself.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If you don't like what I post, why don't you put me on ignore?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It doesn't bother me at all. Some of your posts are entertaining.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Much ado about nothing.
    Now lying to the troops about pay raises and treating it as a campaign event shows he really doesn’t care about the troops and doesn’t have any clue as to his job. It is a vivid demonstration of his lack of character and understanding of what it means to be president.

Tiger in NC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

It really is. That said, I find myself saying that almost daily.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Please provide the exact quote where he said they were getting a 10% pay raise THIS YEAR or any SINGLE YEAR. He didn't.

"What he did imply is that he had given them a raise of roughly 10%. At 2.4% per year times 4 years he will have overseen a raise of 9.6% for the troops in his first term. Comparatively over Obama’s last 4 years that administration served up a whopping 1.25% pay raise per year equalling roughly half of Trump’s raise over an equally comparable period of time.

If Trump’s consistency holds for the duration of two full terms he will deliver up nearly 19.2% in pay increases over the course of his time in office, shattering Obama’s totals."

And in September he signed a bill, which for the first time in a decade, did not tie raises and spending for the military to a “continuing resolution” but rather they became a hardened budgetary item.

If you consider Obama, under whom for six of his eight years, they received a paltry 1-1.7% raise per year. Even when you factor in the first two years' raises under Obama of 3%+, Obama’s average raise for the military was 1.9% per year. And that asshole sent our troops are more multiple deployments than any President in history. And had an incompetent and dishonest VA. What kind of idiot places arbitrary performance goals on an irretrievably broken system when vet lives are at stake? Who in hell was dumb enough to institute performance bonuses to officials who were directly responsible for preventable patient deaths at the VA? Anyone want to know who authorized a system around "goals" that resulted in employees gaming the system, falsifying data, in order to look like they were doing a good job? Obama, Obama, Obama.

Spare me the bullshit about Trump disliking or disrespecting the troops. He doesn't. Focus on actual facts and not the media hyperbole.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hyperbole? Your comment is a case study in hyperbole. Trump’s lies are obvious and numerous. He said the armed forces hadn’t received a raise in years...you just showed that lie. He said the 10% raise HAD been provided not would be that much after 4 years.
    His disrespect for the armed forces is patently obvious in how he used them as campaign props. He has no respect for the tradition that the armed forces are not political pawns. You seem to understand a lot about the military. Don’t you know the military is by law and tradition to be apolitical while in uniform? His treating the visit as a campaign rally (my observation) flies in the face and puts the armed forces in an untenable position. If he respects them he wouldn’t do that. Even the sorry bastard Obama didn’t stoop that low.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

What he said was that they had not had a pay raise in 10 years and that is a lie. Here is a link for you:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...bout-military-pay-raise-on-iraq-visit-2018-12

Assuming that your logic is correct here when Trump said that his aides were offering raises of 2-4%, was that over his entire 4 year term also? If so, they were implying that the military should be getting raises of 1/2% to 1%. So either they are really cheap bastards that have zero appreciation for our military's service or your logic is incorrect and Trump was indeed implying that he was giving the military a 10% raise.

Yes, and if you will read that article I cited above you will see that those increases were attached to ECI, or Employment Cost Index, that measures the rate of increase in private sector wages. It wasn't an arbitrary decision, it was tied to our economy.

Are you going to start focusing on actual facts and not media hyperbole also? I only ask because I couldn't help but notice that you quoted this entire post and never cited your source. That's plagiarism. Isn't that what you once accused me of doing? I am sure it is. Do you have any ideas of your own to offer this conversation?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yes he did, but you are likely not mentally stable to handle the pictures. Let me know when you are ready to leave the safe space and I'll post the photos of Obama doing the same fucking thing. Not a sole on here complained. NOT A SOLE.

All this fucking talk about character....

Exhibit A you lying pieces of shit.

Dead Americans and this is what we say:

"What difference at this point does it make?"

Trump is an asshole. We fucking get it. You crying little turds remind us every day, but you know what, that other administration wasn't any fucking better and you turds were silent.

As Obama nicely put it, just "bumps" in the road...