Did Saturday show the offensive pace we’ve been looking for since last year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Oct 6, 2020.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

We all know the 2019 offense scored at an unbelievable pace, but at times early in the season, we saw the pace of the offense put the defense at a bit of a disadvantage. Looking back on Vandy, we were balanced between run and pass, which led to recharging the defense, and we were able to hold them to 7 points. We certainly scored fewer points, but did we finally seem to figure out an appropriate pace, or was the score just a function of lower offensive output and production on defense?

2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Brennan is on record paces for a LSU QB, just saying. If this is him learning, watch out when he gets it, if he gets it.

lsu-i-like and Hou-duco like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We could get there, but I think it would be better to establish the run gamne so our offense can be that much "more" deadly. Plus, our D is going to take a few more weeks to hit final form. I like the idea of 7-9 play drives.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think Orgeron wants it all; dominant on both sides. I’m pretty sure that’s a part of why Aranda isn’t here. Crazy thing is I think O thinks last year could have been even better with a more aggressive D.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

BJ showed some marked improvement where the plays were quick execution but showed same timidness when given too much time to think. The recs did him no favors to be fair. The run game looked good which was a surprise w/o Curry.

Dline was manhandling initially but once teams figure the zebras no longer call holds, they stalled and allowed QB to make quite a few good throws. Again their recs did him no favor. Our DBs held their own under and Ricks looked more polished. Flott got burned in the EZ once that I recall.

*Again, this was Vandy whose only expectation in SEC FB is to raise GPA avg, no offense to Mason whom seems like a good guy.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

The green headed monster will be back on the d-line this week after his annual weed break. So there's that.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Aranda isn't here because Baylor made him an offer he would have been a fool to refuse

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#furilz?

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe that’s the only reason but I don’t think so.

10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Why else would he not be here? It was common knowledge he wanted to be a head coach and he managed to land a P5 gig probably making at least twice as much as he was as our DC.

Bengal B likes this.