Vote Now! Did LSU upgrade the defensive coaching staff?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 15, 2015.

?

Did LSU upgrade the defensive coaching staff?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

DIfference is, we won both of those games. Remember Geno Smith put up 500+ yards passing on the 2011 D; which some think was the best defense in team history.

2. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Nah, not trying to discredit his comment, just offering a different viewpoint. Some coaches get better as time goes on -- Saban's record at Bama is much better than it was at LSU. Let's hope Steele is one of those.

The deal is done, so I either get on board or go start rooting for Bama or Ohio State. I choose to give myself an attitude adjustment and stay because I'm a Tiger fan!

New blood, new fire, new resolve. Geaux Tigers!

gyver, cajdav1, rockwallfan and 7 others like this.
  3. msully

msully Founding Member

I will say yes , with that good for nothing" but "in it . If they do study what the Chief had or left in place , and then they tweet that system then we will have a better Defense . Now to the one that said a defense that wins games . The defense can only help to win games . The offense has to be able not only to score but keep the ball and the defense off the field . The defense has only one job . Get ball back and get the offense on the field . I am still mad at the Badger !! I wanted a few more games from him , here is the but . (BUT) can we find more players like him , that can stay clean . He, The Badger keeps running around in my mind .That is the kind of players that make a defense win the game .
    We can chat about the coaches all we want to. It is not the coaches. The coaches can only try to give instruction . The players have to be able to take the instruction and perform on the field . Keep their mind on the field and off the stands . I agree we need a bigger stronger taller faster Defense in the backfield
    I did not get what I wanted , I wanted the next DC to be from within in . If these two can get a win from Bama next season , then all I will say is
    "Hey I told, I told you they would ! GEAUX TIGERS !!!! "
    I had 4 Bama fans who are friends of mine . They called yesterday and thanked me . I know they planned it they all said the same thing .
    " Hey Sully , just wanted to thank you . " and when I asked them for what
    They said " For taking the worst coach we had , and making room for us to get a good to great coach"
    I told each one the same thing .
    I said " We are not worried about him . Miles likes him , and when we get him on the Bayou and he finds that Sexy Cajun Cooking is great . His mind will clear up and he will get wisdom he has never had . He will become the great defensive coach he has dreamed about all of his life . Let me thank you for sending him to LSU. After all Saban did train him ,that is good enough for me "

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

At times when you sign a player, the other schools didn't want him, had too many at that position, not really a good player. Same thing with coaches.

gyver, rockwallfan and Bengal B like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I voted yes

New blood is new blood. The addition of O has to be a plus on that alone. I am hoping that he can generate a pass rush because we have had none for ...well, I don't know the last time we really got after the QB.

Now if we can only figure out that the better QB isn't on the field the ship just might right itself.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Did they not? We had capable running backs and an effective offensive line and we had incapable quarterbacks. So we ran the ball.

didit, StaceyO and Herb like this.
  7. red55

They figured out that a capable quarterback wasn't on the team.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I respectfully disagree sir

9. red55

Based on what?

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'd say not pulling Jennings even after he sucked so bad.

rockwallfan likes this.