Did I Miss It?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by COTiger65, May 31, 2020.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The interesting part to me is whether you can find enough appropriate individuals to staff the policing needs you have. Like can you find enough reasonably fit and strong people without mental issues or tendencies to be corrupt to staff the entire country?

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it's like a d lineman getting the foul cause he was held by the olineman. i suspect much of this is provocation for a photo op or sound bite..... having said that, that police officer has to be better aware of the threat level and respond appropriately..... this was not an appropriate response

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

No favors at all.

Police are definitely getting frustrated. How many have taken the knee of solidarity days ago and it was all good then but days later they still have to be out everyday, in full riot gear, while people are yelling and calling them names. Yes they need to stand down especially with cameras in their face but sometimes a person just snaps.

How long can someone stand in the face of provocation and maintain coolness? They are being provoked. It is part of the Antifa plan and the boogaloo plan.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

They are police they must be held to a higher standard. Professional behavior is the only option. As a Marine I always checked other Marines when I thought they were not representing The Corps correctly.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That’s a great point. Why do you think the military has an easier time with discipline than police? Or do they?

And thanks for your service.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, back in the day they could hit you lol. Or so my grandfather and uncles would tell me.

Now, they cant even curse at you. When I got out, it was just starting to get pretty damn SJW....

tzanghi and el005639 like this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That video is disgusting. They basically just walk over him as he's bleeding on the sidewalk.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

As a teacher, I can say that some kids are insufferable; however, 28 years in, I have never laid a hand on any of them. Anger and aggression simply cannot be part of my job.

Over the years, I have learned to remain extremely calm...and it almost always de-escalate a situation.

tzanghi likes this.
  9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Recognize that I am 20 years removed from a 12 year stint in The Corps... but I'll tell you a story. The only color in the Marine Corps is green dark or light.
    I was deployed to the middle east. I was a staff sergeant, which generally are in charge of 30 to 40 guys. I had 2 sergeants and a corporal that were my squad leaders. 1 dark 2 light. The black guy was a sergeant. One day during a walk through of the hooches with my squad leaders i overheard a young black Marine tell some white Marines that he was owed for what whitey did to his people. The Marines did not know we could hear what was said. At that point my black Sergeant pulled this punks card and wore his ass out.
    The sergeant brought him back to me and I asked the Marine if the Marine Corps owed him anything else.

Although cops cant be pummeled in the sand like the Marine was they can and should be held to a high level of discipline.

The reason Marines stick together even after they leave the Corps is brotherhood. We hold each other accountable for their actions. Its expected and keeps us tight. Doesnt mean there aren't turds in the punch bowl but as a general statement we try to clean up our act.

Cops that dont hold other cops accountable are doing a disservice to each other, to their organizations and to their community. Just think of the different situation we would be in If just one of those cops would have checked dickhead with his knee on the dudes neck.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A guy I knew who recently died was made to join the Marines by his father when he kept fucking up. The guy was a total social misfit. During boot camp he said something to his DI that really pissed him off and the DI beat him almost to death. He was discharge and somehow got a lifetime total disability check every month.

The one thing he liked to do other than smoke weed was play golf. I think his brother had been on the PGA tour briefly at one time. He always dressed in overalls and had a long scruffy beard. Somebody once referred to him as the Unagolfer and the name stuck.

LSUpride123 likes this.