Devin White to Stay?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As a fan I hope he stays but if I was advising him I would tell him to go. Taking a chance of blowing guaranteed money of around $20 million is just too big a risk to take.

LSUTiga and Brian like this.
  2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

So LSU buys him an insurance policy for next year to set him up if something happens.

I went to college 5 years because I worked long hours to pay for my school and couldn't take a heavy coarse load each semester. There is plenty of time to go out into the world and make your mark. It makes LSU defense formidable again next year and with offense improvement and more experience the tigers could be in the hunt .

But it is Devin decision to make and whichever way he goes he is an all time Tiger .

Richdog and Brian like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It would not surprise me, he wants to beat Alabama and more than that he loves LSU. He loves Louisiana and that targeting thing may have actually worked in our favor, I’m telling y’all he wants to beat the Gumps bad, real bad.

ehusson80, LSUTiga, Brian and 5 others like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Also didn’t he and Rashard Lawerence make a pact saying they would be back, after the Alabama loss at Alabama last season? Or was that just gossip.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

so many people said what Jalen should I do.... And to this day they're still saying Jalen needs to do this.

At what point do we allow a kid to make up his own mind? I realize it's realized its social media fodder but at the same time ... it seems to get so emotional.

Brian likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I’ve thought about this a lot. In the short term yes. In the long term?

There are certain people in the world that want to leave a mark. He seems like one. I think being a Louisiana Tiger means a great deal to this man.

The fact he is struggling with it IMO speaks volumes to the love he has for this state and school. It’s a huge part of his life and ours here.

LSUTiga, CalcoTiger, Brian and 3 others like this.
  7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I was just going to say... after all the support he saw from LSU fans during the "targeting" suspension... he must be feeling the love. No, I don't want him to go either. I'm greedy... let's keep him here!!

LSUTiga, Brian and shane0911 like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If he comes back he needs to be an immediate Heisman front runner.

9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

That's the O dislike shining through in people's comments. I dont get why the hate. We freaking had a 9 (should have been a 10) win regular season this year when all the "experts" were picking us to barely sniff 6-7.

Coach O strikes me as someone who will tell white the truth and let him decide with all the facts. It is his (DW) choice in the end after all.

leroy7500 likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can understand those that are in that camp. I don't agree but I don't fault you or anyone else for feeling that way as far as Coach O goes. Yes, without a doubt he outkicked his coverage this year, far better than anyone ever expected and a screw job by the SEC officiating from being spectacular.

At the end of the day O is in an awful position. Of course he wants White to return, there isn't a coach on any team in the country that wouldn't want him to. This is why I said he can't and shouldn't go overboard with trying to convince him to stay. If he does then it looks like he is being selfish and we all know how that would turn out.

In this instance White knows what is at stake. All of these idiots saying "He needs to go" must think that Devin is an idiot. You all need to stop it. Remember Trev Faulk and Bradie James? Ring a bell? One left early and was never heard from again. One stayed an extra year and had a long and very prosperous career in the NFL.

Yall let this dude do what the hell he wants. Seems like he has his head on straight to me.

Rolan, MikeInLa, Rouxleaux and 4 others like this.