Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints-Sat. 7pm

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Round 1 of the NFL PLAYOFFS:

The Saints avg. 34.2 ppg and the Lions avg. 29.6 ppg. I read somewhere that the 59 point over/under set for this game is the highest over/under in the history of the NFL playoffs (..and truth be told, I'd take the over).

The Saints beat the Lions just last month on Sunday night football by a score of 31-17.

The Saints are on a roll winning their last 8 in a row. I'm almost glad that we didn't get a BYE so we could keep this train rollin.

Saints outshoot the Lions 42-28.

Saintslogo

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Saints 42
    Detroit 24

I think our D plays relatively well, but gives up a big play or two and some garbage points at the end. Let's go win another Super Bowl! Who Dat!!

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I will say that Detroits defense was somewhat effective vs us. And Farley was almost a one man wrecking crew. Suh wasn't playing that game either. It will be a challenge for our offensive line.

4. Cajun Sensation

OK, so how many points do you think the Saints will hang on the Lions?

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

This is gonna be a nail biter... I hope I'm wrong...

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

For those who like watching the battle in the trenches, Suh and Fairley vs Nicks and Evans will be a war. Hopefully, the Lions' inexperience with the postseason will be worth a touchdown. I'm calling it Saints 38, Lions 20.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

We hung 31 on them last time. I hope we can get into the 30's again. And I hope the defense finds a way to hold them down to less points than we get. Oh, to have an LSU type top ranked defense to go with the Saints offense.

I can see a blowout and just as easily a close nailbiter. Just hope things click for us on Sat night, though we do seem to excell in these nationally highlighted games.

8. Cajun Sensation

OK, so answer the question! :D

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

You don't like my political dance around the question answer? I'm no prognosicator but I'll guess 35.

10. JohnnyTiger

JohnnyTiger LSU Fan

I'm just glad I'm not missing the game this time; I spent most of last Sunday thinking it was Saturday.

Suh is back this time, so it'll be a tougher task, but this team has gotten hot at the best possible time. I think the Saints have enough in the locker to get the job done.