Deportation of illegals isn't going to happen

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lead the way brother! Show us how! Power to the People! Time for a Straight Shooter in the White House!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Drug use is down 81% from 2004 to 2014. That's before extrajudicial killings were encouraged.

“Hitler massacred three million Jews … there’s three million drug addicts. There are. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”
    - Duterte

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Preach on brother

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

If the perp is trying to fight the police, it's a different story. But what about if the perp runs from the police?

5. Tiger in NC

Or just the result of a heavy handed tyrant.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Right. But heavy handed tyrants don't routinely grab power in 'normal' societies and situations. Hitler would never had the opportunity to assume power absent the economic conditions in Germany after WWI. Some of which were forced on them as part of the peace treaty. Saddam Hussein muscled his way up through the chaos that was Iraq.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Depends. You don't get to escape justice because you can run real fast. That's bullshit. So if you run then I'm inclined to think it's OK for the officer to stop em. Let's not forget, the perp has the choice here. He is dealing with something one way or another.

8. Tiger in NC

Good points. However, causation doesn't necessarily equal correlation and here is what I mean: FDR stepped into the same economic conditions as Hitler yet he didn't resort to genocide to achieve his goals. True enough, he interred thousands of Japanese during WW2, but they were not gassed or experimented upon the way Jews were. I don't know enough about the situation in the Phillipines prior to this guy taking over but if there was a rampant drug problem then some tougher measures are certainly in order. I just don't know that allowing civilians to kill one another just because they suspect drug dealings is a viable way to solve the problem.

9. Tiger in NC

Sure and I'm not saying the responsibility to cooperate lies with anyone else but the perp. That said, if some 19 year old kid gets stopped for a traffic violation and he has an outstanding warrant for speeding tickets and decides to bolt rather than go to jail and face his fines & penalties, I don't know if the use of deadly force is justifiable. Is it a nuisance for the cop? You bet. Should the kid pay the price for running? Absolutely. All I am saying is that every situation is different and to some degree we do have to rely on the good judgement of the officer who is standing there. The case in Baltimore where the perp ran from the cop in the park comes to mind.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Right, and in that case you don't shoot. I probably wouldn't even chase him. I'm beating the hell out of him with my nightstick if I do.

Tiger in NC likes this.