Dennis "Meatball" Johnson to Baylor

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by unclenick, Jan 24, 2020.

1. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Enjoyed him being here, but not too worried about him leaving. This is one area that I know O can recruit and coach in.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's not a great loss.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Kinda nice of Aranda to build careers for the young talent that might not have seen a career here at LSU. Helps him knowing them and their abilities. I'd actually like to see Baylor do well under his watch. I've always liked Aranda and felt comfortable, even when he had faced struggles, that he'd scheme us out of even a close one. In spite of a the bitching about the D this year, when the game was close, defense played their best games. Over Arandas tenure, not a lot of opportunities to say the defense cost us a game. That means more than something, that means everything.

What I think will bode well for Aranda as a HC is he never played. He just has a marvelous mind for the game. He has always coached from the sidelines and over the last 3 seasons, he was the associate HC. He absorbed and now it's time for him to see if he can run his own ship. He is surrounding himself with talent and I wish them all the best. History will always hold a good place for Aranda at LSU. He will always be one of my favorite LSU coaches. Baylor can just flat suck a dick, but I do wish coach (all of them) well.

unclenick, kcal, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  5. Rougarou2020

Rougarou2020 Freshman

Aranda’s game, quenched in Wisconsin ice and then tempered in SEC Fire, will become the stuff of Legend. His Superdome defense against Clemson will be the Quarterback vs Cornerback Film Room Masterpiece that will be envied and copied for decades. His plays to stuff the vaunted Clemson running game will also be studied and put to great use.

His Long Boat adrift from the great river and bayous of Louisiana, should we ever meet Aranda again in playoffs, he will be nothing more than tiger bait

lsu-i-like, el005639, islstl and 2 others like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Aranda and Brady will be the first of Eaux’s coaching tree, despite the fact that Miles hires Aranda and Peyton was Brady’s first tutor. I believe Eaux had a huge impact on them.

He was already legendary status in the sport as a position coach, I think he’ll go legendary as a head coach and become greatest coach in Louisiana history, better than Saban and Peyton.

Winston1 and el005639 like this.