Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Winston will be the first confirmed death by TDS

The ol boy just can't take much more.

No @Winston1 I'm not advocating for your demise, I'm trying to get you to lighten up before you worry yourself into a box.

el005639, HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Thanks Shane I appreciate your concern. Don’t worry I sleep well and am healthy hardy and enjoying life. You know I get a kick out of your reactions. Some of the shit I post is just to trigger you all. :cool:

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This story comes from a publication called PJ media. It was published on February 28th of this year and is riddled with inaccuracies. You should take a look at the CDC timeline of events and see for yourself that this story is incorrect.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-pandemic-timeline.html

In fact, the WHO declared an international public health emergency on April 25th and the Obama administration declared a national public health emergency the following day, April 26th. The declaration was renewed twice, late June and early October. In late October Obama declared H1N1 a national emergency.

Anyone who blames the President for a pandemic is a fool. Criticizing any elected officials response to a pandemic is fair game. This virus has spread more rapidly than anything I can recall in my lifetime so it is hard to blame the Trump administration for scrambling to address the situation. That said, their messaging has, at times, been contrary to what we are hearing from medical professionals and that is concerning.

Trump's move yesterday to address the economic fallout from the disease was a good one but if the virus continues to spread we will be low on ammunition to combat it economically. Trump is tweeting about the Fed lowering rates again but IMO this step needs to be reserved for further fallout from the virus. All in all I see the administration doing what they can to address the situation but against something that is spreading so quickly it is an almost impossible task, at least for now.

HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I think it has been in the us since Jan. I say that because there had to be people infected with it that traveled between China and the us before it became widely know. we only recently have started looking for it therefore it looks like its spreading faster than it really is.

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

No ... actually it is True. Fuck your damn media fuckwads, and all the Democrats lined up with them. According to the National Register. https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2009/10/28/E9-26130/declaration-of-a-national-emergency-with-respect-to-the-2009-h1n1-influenza-pandemic

T
    he health secretary declared it a public health emergency, but Obummer did NOT declare it a National Emergency, and therefore trigger the emergency plan until October 23, 2009. If Trump would have waited six months and a thousand deaths, the MSM would be having orgasms over the coverage and you know it. Hell, the guy has performed very well and they are still biching.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So at what point do they start reporting the number of recovered and clear?

I think we are over 1000 cases now in the US but many of those are no longer ill. That has to offset the number but no one will tell you that.

7. Tiger in NC

Correct. I think the first reported case was January 19th and we really didn't see reported cases start ramping up until early March. March 5th is when we hit 250 reported cases. Here is a site that keeps track of reported cases by date and how many have recovered, how many deaths, etc. that I have found useful.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

That said, there are definitely characteristics of this virus vs. other coronaviruses that makes it spread more quickly. This article was very informational about what makes this version more easily transmitted than others like it.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

8. Tiger in NC

You can believe anything you want my man but your own link proves what I said above. The Obama administration declared a public health emergency on April 26th and in case you didn't know Kathleen Sebilius was part of the Obama administration in her role as the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Further, here is a video of Obama's speech to the nation on the evening of April 26th but I'm sure you will call it a fake.

I've already addressed this one but I'd like to point out that you are saying that Obama was a failure because the Secretary of Health and Human Services made the declaration and not Obama. Do you understand that the effect was no different? Did you watch the video I linked of Obama addressing the nation?

Why are you so touchy about how Trump is handling this? I didn't criticize Trump at all. In fact, I said anyone who blames a President for a pandemic is a fool. So this all you my friend. The President will, however, be judged on how well he responds to any crisis and particularly those that are outside of their control, such as a pandemic. It is in all of our interests to hope that Trump handles this well. If he does not, the judgement of the American people will be harsh.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I’m not touchy about how Trump is handling this, I’m touchy about how the Media and Democrats are falsely making a case that Trump is incompetent based on Trumps handling of the situation, which by all accounts has been stellar, and out front. I’m touchy about the misinformation campaign about Trump handling this, ... because I hate LIARS.

You are just like the schill that was on the Hannity Show yesterday. Sebelius is not Obama. Further, a public health emergency carries different protocols than a national emergency. It’s like going from code yellow to code red. Trump went straight to code red. Obama did not.

Just repeat after me. Yes it is true according to the Federal Registry, Although Obama’s SHHS Sebelius did declare a public health emergency triggering some relief, Obama did not declare a National Emergency until Oct 23, 2009. Don’t know why it is so hard for you to admit the truth.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Trump restricted travel from China and other countries with high infection rates. It was the right thing to do but the liberals and their media puppets hammered him for it.

Tiger in NC likes this.