Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bernie represents vermont. nothing depends on that in the context of what we are discussing

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You're right, it doesn't.

Jmg likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if only all people could simply discuss what was typed like we do

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bernie is claiming "very strong victory" in iowa. but when i look it up it says he is still behind by the tiniest margin to pete butt.

that bernie is an odd fellow

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he will choose Buttplug as his running mate. Campaign slogan Odds and Ends.

onceanlsufan and Winston1 like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He won the popular vote.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

if that ever happens i think Sanders & Buttplug will be the next cigar scandal in the oval office.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

both petey buttman and bernie marx are claming big victory. but the results are that they are almost exactly tied. the media never really gets on dems for hyperbole/exaggerating/lying the way they do trump. with trump, everything he says is obviously hyperbole and examined as if it was meant to be mathematically perfect certainty delivered by a physicist to a grand jury. but bernie and pete say they won big, neither is correct, and its fine

speaking of popular vote that tirk mentioned, my liberal friends still claim a win for hillary. i explain thats like saying a losing football team won because they had more yards. i explain that if that was the game, then trump would cared about the states he wrote off, like california. for trump spending one moment on california was a total waste of time. if the election was popular vote, the strategy is hugely different. then you actually care about califonia and new york and salvaging votes in states where you are weak. but thats a game we are not playing. popular vote is 100% irrelevant. still people bring it up constantly

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

• Based on preliminary results, Sen. Bernie Sanders seemed set to win the most votes, but was still on par with on behind South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg in terms of percentage of delegates.
    • Because of this, many observers announced that Buttigieg had a slight lead.
    • Based on the way the Iowa caucuses work, a candidate can win the most votes and still lose overall by not obtaining the most delegates.
    • To put it another way, early results signaled Sanders was winning the popular vote, while Buttigieg was winning in terms of what's essentially Iowa's equivalent to the Electoral College.