Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Unfortunately too many are. However if either side continues to blanket its opponents with the same calumny the Democrats have for years they will continue to drive radicals into power.
    The way Democrats slandered Reagan, both Bushes, McCain and Romney in campaign after campaign using the same terms the now use for Trump. In one way they’ve gotten what they asked for.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don’t think this means what you think it does.

Cruz is not likeable AT ALL.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I don't know that any of us got what we asked for with Trump. That said, I don't disagree that Republican candidates have been painted with a broad brush, but the very same is true of Republicans treatment of every Dem President or candidate. Have you forgotten the 8 years of Obama's Presidency? Ken Starr's 4 year investigation of Clinton for what? Fucking an intern? Republican's high five when Trump brag's about such things these days. I think the problem is more generational than anything else. I think Trump is actually the manifestation of the Baby Boomer generation. Boomer's have been the most fiscally irresponsible generation in American History. We had little to no government debt until they came along. People had little personal debt until they came along. Since Vietnam they haven't been able to get along with one another and those old wounds have given us the shit show that we have now. If we want our government put back on solid footing we need to get rid of all the old boomers who are so entrenched in their own ignorance to care enough to know the truth.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. Tiger in NC

T-E-X-A-S. TEXAS. come on, dude......Texas.

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

You do realize that the entire Harris county judges are now Democrats? This last election was an aboration which made the Senate closer than normal. It may be again in 2020 but i don't think it's the new normal.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You must not live here. Cruz is not a national brand either. He talks like you are in church and people hate it. No matter how much sense he might make.

Further, Texas has imported more Cali democrats than we care to count. Dont be disingenuous here.

Trump only got 52% of the Texas vote in 2016. Cruz got 50.9%.

If you have a point make it.

For the Dems to beat Trump you need someone better than "beto"

7. Tiger in NC

I hear you and I believe you....it's just shocking to me. I went to school at Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches and my wife is from the Ft. Worth area (Justin, TX) so I am not totally unfamiliar with the situation on the ground. I was there over 15 years ago at this point and when I left Texas was a conservative stalwart. The notion that because of demographic changes and an influx of out-of-staters could make it even remotely viable for Dems is stunning.

8. Tiger in NC

So the story of this post is that Trump is only 1% more popular than the man you say people hate. True? Further, I would imagine for the general was much higher than for a mid-term election. That's pretty bad and if I were Trump's campaign manager I would be calculating ways to keep Texas red. A blue Texas would make for a very interesting path to the Presidency for a Republican.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I think it has more to do with the people tired of being lied to which drove a suppression of typically conservative voters and spurred liberal ones. By the way next election if you want to vote straight ticket in Texas you will have to select each canidate. In my opinion, this is an improvement.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yes. HRC and Trump were that bad of candidates! Cruz Smoked Trump in the Primaries in Texas. Smoked.

Just to give you a frame of reference. You are way off the mark bud.

Not really. In the General 2016 there was an independent on the ticket that took 280K votes. Most I think taking away from HRC.

Further, more Dems voted in 2018 than in 2016 and republican turnout was low in 2018.

Texas has been close for a few years now because of the Cali imports, though I think the scare is large enough in 2020 Turnout will be high for republicans.