Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well HWR that’s about all they can argue. T

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I don't see how you come to this conclusion. The EOs that Trump has executed are granted in the Constitution as the sole responsibility of the Executive. For example ... immigration is totally under his control, controlling spending allocated to the executive departments is totally under his control. Ability to negotiate with foreign powers are totally under the Executive Control.
    How so?? Trumps foreign policy actions have all been the result of the Mess Obama left. Syria, Ukraine, Venezuela, ... all of this was created under Obama's rule. Specifically ... what blunders has he made??

We've covered this before. The Deficit is a result of liberal policy put in place over the last 80 years that insures spending increases with population. Cutting military spending to cover social spending, as the Democrats always do to make it appear as if they are spending less, is like cutting back on your 401K investments to buy drugs. We are stuck with ever increasing deficits ... and I'm not sure the American Public will allow the Government to make the necessary cuts to address it.
    He has no extreme position on immigration. He is just fulfilling his oath to uphold the written law. ... something Obama and the Democrats refuse to do. He's also requested they fix the law. ... again, congress refuses. That's not his fault.

Tariffs ... OTOH ... I'm not fond of, but he is using them as a tool, not as a means of income. So, I give him a pass.

This is simply NOT TRUE. If not for the constant media onslaught against trump creating uncertainty, the economy would be hitting even greater highs. The problem is not his policy, the problem is the Media campaign against him.

.... as I said in the beginning .... you don't like how he acts .. which is a part of his narcissistic behavior.

APPTiger likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Trump is the most libertarian RE foreign policy of US presidents in decades. Awesome (relatively).

Frogleg and Jmg like this.
  4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

You forgot to mention...European countries do this with a much smaller and less diverse population both in size and geographic spread. New York City has about 800k less people than the whole country of Sweden. The state of Texas is twice the size of Germany, etc. ...... Also forgot to mention their tax rates, the cost of petrol and other hard goods taxed through VAT taxes.There is a reason all those Europeans buy 3-4 pairs of shoes for each member of the family on Disney trips.They arrive with empty suitcases and go back with them bursting at the seams. One British family told me they can buy enough stuff over here so cheap the savings covers over half the cost of coming. And that includes paying the duty..... These countries don't have or pay large defense costs. In addition to the Medical supplements, we supplement their defense. And you're right about the cost and quality of healthcare but it's an and not an or.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Interesting take on the potential campaign money and spending may have on the presidential election. Trump has raised more money than ever and is apparently spending it well to prepare for the election. This combined with the utter disaster that are the democrat presidential candidates may seal his re-election. https://apple.news/A90p9bllCRDmlySpBAmNPmg

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

As much as you don't like him ... you should be thankful that Trump is likely to be re-elected. The alternative is abysmal.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Unfortunately you’re right. Shows how bad a spot the country is in.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This can't be it can it? I don't see how any of those nut jobs come close to beating Trump, even someone that hates him as much as @Winston1 does or even @Tiger in NC couldn't possibly vote for a beto or crazy Kamala or even quid pro joe. It would be an even worse situation than what we currently have.

Which leads me to believe this is all just a show and soon they will announce another player. Running out of time though.

Frogleg likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No @shane0911 I think the Ds are trapped by their radical left wing. If they go with a moderate it will split the party in pieces. They’re riding a sinking ship to the bottom (I hope). If they do win we’re f**ked and it will be Trump’s fault.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The country is in a great spot you are in a bad spot