Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

i'd love her to win the Dem nomination just for the Presidential debate entertainment. i can imagine a truly 'No Quarter' slug fest.
    trumpEntertained.jpg

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

yeah, that was dumb of me,.. Bush was an underrated President I think,.. for one thing he didn't poke the bear too hard when the soviet union collapsed, that was a dangerous time and Bush didn't blow up the world,.. and I thought he handled the gulf war expertly when saddam invaded kuwait,..

... too bad his son, the peckerhead, foolishly undid all of his good work by needlessly invading iraq,.. think about it, saddam was boxed in, not even allowed to hardly fly aircraft, not a threat to us, and Iran hated him the most, now we're their biggest enemy,.. I think invading Iraq, splitting our forces, taking our eye off the ball, cost us a quick victory in afghanistan too,.. we're still paying for junior's mistakes today

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody has ever gotten a quick victory in Afghanistan and nobody ever will. Afghanistan was Russia's Vietnam before we ever got involved. There are too many place to hide in the mountains and the people are still afraid of the Talban.

HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

I know the history, but we could have won that war,.. we had em on the run, we could have poured in massive troops and tons of $, we could have protected and bought those scared people onto our side,.. but we got distracted, and our forces and warchest were divided, I think it was a fuck-up that Iraq became our primary focus and that cost us afghanistan

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

After we went in and kicked ass we should have left with the warning that if the Taliban ever hosted terrorists again we come back and do it again. Unfortunately we became fixated on getting OBL and stayed. Several respected military advisors wanted that but W didn’t listen.

el005639 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sorry Duck I disagree. That’s what the soviets did and we did in Vietnam. The Taliban live there and will be there when we leave. That place hasn’t changed since Alexander the Great and won’t anytime soon.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

history does not dictate the future,.. we could have paid every afganee an engineers salary, built them a utopia, and still we would have saved money if we hadn't needlessly invaded Iraq,.. we're the good guys, we weren't trying to conquer those people, we were saving them by replacing a vicious government, peckerhead fucked it up

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Duck is right. We can win any-war we want as a matter of fact.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Those are the keywords. GHWB also had the support of basically the entire world that wasn't named Iraq. That was my first taste of being "down range" and to work with such a huge multinational force was quite the thing. His biggest accomplishment was keeping Israel out of it after Saddam kept lobbing SCUD missals at them.

Lucky me, I got a ticket to this one too. Duck, we can agree to disagree if we must but Saddam was a madman and the news will NEVER show you the things that he was doing to the people there. Trust me, if you are who I think you are, and if you care and support the things that I have seen you support here especially in this very forum, then lay your little head down tonight and know that it was a good thing that we did what we did and the world is a better place because of it.

Pretty much, this is also the reason bid laden was so pissed at us because we left them high and dry fighting the ruskies and he never quite got over it.

Are you sure you are a liberal? Maybe this was sarcasm and I missed it.

This is accurate in my opinion. Vietnam was a shit show but more so because of the wishy washy shit coming out of Washington. The bureaucrats didn't do our fighting forces any favors. None. That thing could have had a completely different outcome. The other thing was our commanders didn't have any experience with gorilla warfare. They were all WWII/Korea era and it took them a while to adapt and come up with a better plan.

Yep, you are a liberal after all

Probably, but I'm not sure that one was worth it. That terrain is just downright nasty. Trying to flush those bastards out of the caves would have been costly beyond comprehension in dollars and infinitely more in lives.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well yea. I would have turned it to glass and called it a day.

HalloweenRun, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.