Democratic Party, the party of fiscal responsibility

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mystikalilusion, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

(found on another website, but the heading was too funny to not pass along)

Democratic Party, the party of fiscal responsibility, has failed to pay its Social Security taxes, its payroll taxes, is bankrupt and has an IRS lien on it

A bookkeeper for the Florida Democratic Party took the blame Tuesday for the party's failure to pay its Social Security and payroll taxes, and said she never informed her boss, gubernatorial candidate Scott Maddox.

"Due to my embarrassment over my mistakes I was reticent to let anyone know of my failures," she wrote. "I regret that at no time did I inform you of my mistakes."

The Internal Revenue Service slapped a lien on the party last week for about $200,000 owed in taxes from 2003. The party had only $98,000 in its bank account.

Maddox resigned as party chairman last month to run for governor. He hired Griffin-Bruton as the party's comptroller after being elected chairman in 2003.

"I must accept responsibility for having placed my faith in a person who clearly did not live up to my high expectations," Maddox said in a statement.

The party's financial problems have given Republicans a chance to criticize Maddox, who is hoping to succeed Republican Gov. Jeb Bush.

"Real leadership says, `You know, it is my fault. It happened on my watch,"' said Republican Party of Florida Executive Director Andy Palmer. "But to keep casting about for a scapegoat doesn't demonstrate real leadership."

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Well, I'm no accountant, but I'm guessing that check's going to bounce. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Democrats and fiscal responsibility? baaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa somebody get me up I'm dying of laughter. baaahhhaaaaaa that's a good one.

tax and spend economics and the DNC are like ice cream and apple cobbler, they just go together. :dis:

good post

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I love how they're throwing her under the bus too. That's great. And it illuminates that they only have $98,000...not exactly a war chest! Better check ole Maddox's garage for a new car and boat!

5. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

To avoid reserving my aisle seat, one way ticket to hell (currently I'm on the waiting list), so that we could enjoy the humor of the situation, I edited out her excuse from the original article.

In a letter to Maddox, Debbie Griffin-Bruton said the pressure from her job along with burden of caring for a husband with Alzheimer's disease made it difficult for her to perform her duties.

So for him to word his opinion such, makes him a real winner imo.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Oops! That knife cuts both ways.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It's safe to say that neither party has a leg to stand on when it comes to stealing and wasting taxpayer money.

8. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I believe it's also safe to say that chick will be shown the door. This is really bad PR for that gubernatorial candidate.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Exactly.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can call democrats "tax and spend" all right. But that is entirely more responsible than the Bush Neo-con Republicans who have cut taxes while increasing spending at an even higher rate than in the Clinton administration. And that is non-military government spending, unrelated to the Iraq war. Clinton ran budget surpluses--Bush runs the biggest budget deficits in US history. This is not Ronald Reagan's Republican party.

Bush is also irresponsibly cutting taxes during wartime, which has never been done before. Wilson paid for WWI with taxes and Liberty Bonds. Roosevelt paid for WWII with taxes and War Bonds. Bush is simply not paying for his war. These huge Iraq expenditures are just going into the unprecedented National Debt of this adminstration for future generations to pay for. And the Bank of China is buying US government bonds at a very high rate. They are the ones who are going to profit from this.

Right now the Democrats are the party of fiscal restraint and responsibility. No doubt about it.