Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Oct 25, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the problem is clark. he's being forced to do things he isn't capable of. baskerville seemed much more in command of the d

BayouBengal014 and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So you admit there is a whipping boy this year too and it's Pelini. Why does there have to be whipping boy here every year? I remember when it was O, then E, then of all people CEH and lastly James Cregg. Well y'all were wrong about everyone of them. O coach of the year, E as OC a record setting offense in 2019 and we are still setting offensive records this year. CEH went on to be a star at LSU and seems to be doing the same in the NFL. James Cregg wins the Joe Moore award for best OL coach in 2019. Well I read the LSU vs SC game thread Sunday and the offense and Linehan looked like a whipping boy to some of you too.

The above is what has always bugged me about this site.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

because it's an LSU discussion board where we discuss LSU things like offense, defense, and special teams. we also discuss how well the offense and defense did or didn't do, as well as our thoughts about them.....

4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Winston1, LSUpride123 and kcal like this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That it concludes with Herbie is what hurts the most.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's pretty technical. I don't think kiki will understand

LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Did we even punt?

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Just rewatch the 1st USCe Drive. Won’t take you long, it’s only 3 plays and 0:54

1st play is a jet sweep. Clark sees the motion man (who gets the toss) even points it out. He over pursues to the inside and takes himself out of the play. However, had it been forced back inside he may have been in position to make a play. Jacoby comes inside and over pursues taking not only himself out of the play, but takes Clark out of the play as well. He doesn’t get to the outside to force the play back inside or chase the runner out of bounds. They played the same gap assignment.........and ultimately are both out of position. Flott gets blown up but everyone else does their job and would be in position to make a tackle if Jacoby just came and forced it back inside. I rewatched it 5 times, I seriously don’t think he knew who had the ball. He was going to tackle the lead blocker. RESULT: 36 yard run.

2nd play (holding call)

3rd play, inside handoff that Harris kicks back outside. Clark has a flat footed 1st step inside (bites on the handoff) and when the play is bounced back outside, he has already taken himself completely out of the play again. SC doesn’t even have to block him at this point.

Meanwhile the safety behind him....... Stevens, is going across the middle to cover the slot WR on the other side of the field who is run blocking and Jacoby doesn’t have a clue the QB no longer has the ball. He ultimately leaves his containment as well for pass coverage, gets blocked by said WR and LSU’s Harris has to come from the far side to chase down the runner. Logan also fucked up and went inside, somebody should have sealed the edge. RESULT: 45 yard TD run

This is simple shit they’re royally fucking up. I was taught gap assignments in peewee.

I get this is a “go for broke” defense, but they clearly have communication issues and quite possibly trust issues.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Technical? Well "technically" I was right about O, E, CEH and Cregg last year whereas the whipping boy mob was "technically" wrong last year. Bet I will be "technically" right again this year and Linehan and Bo will shove it up the butts of the whipping boy mobs buttocks. You are right this is a discussion board and I am "discussing" how "technically" wrong some of you are. But what does an "old man" know about football anyway.

Looking for my hurrycane so I can get to my meds, have you seen it?

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

That is what I think is going on. You have to trust that the man besides you will do what he is supposed to do. When that's missing you end up with 45 yard td runs.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.