Deepwater Horizon

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bayou Tiger, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Went see it tonight. LSU well represented. Overall interesting movie. A bit too many near miss falling pieces of burning metal and glass flying explosions but overall good.

At the end they showed pictures of the 11 people killed. Sad.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I liked it, too.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Looks like Marky Mark is now Mr. Disaster Movie... Got one on the Boston bombing coming out...

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Saw it at the IMAX and thought the visuals were pretty sensational. Not the movie BP wanted to ever see get out. John Malkovich was, as usual, absolutely awesome. Believed him more than the rest of the cast.

Was a good flick to help keep alive the story in an effort to check that corporate mind at the notion of committing the lives of your people before the lives of those that never consider the people. It was an act of crime that placed an entire generation on their knees. The results are still there and the dog and pony BP put on did little to cover that up.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Pretty good movie. I can't take Mark Whalberg seriously though, I always see him as Andy Samberg impersonating him now.

Check out The Accountant if you get a chance that movie is awesome.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Mark Whalberg pronounced 'Schlumberger' horribly the entire movie. Being in the industry, i noticed too many inaccuracies to really enjoy the movie.....like them having a conversation in the helicopter. Much too noisy for that. A couple of shouted sentences at most. Marky Mark carrying his offshore bag from the heliport to the drill shack? .......Also, it wasn't Don Vidrine's fault as the movie alledges. Those Company men take orders from the engineers in Houston. He reported the info and received orders. There's no cowboys in the oilfield anymore. That petered out in the '90s.

LaSalleAve and shane0911 like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

Damn, I don't know the industry like you do, who was Don Vidrine? Was that Malkovich Malkovich?

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Yes. There were a lot of bad decisions made on that job, but it was as per BP in Houston (not London). I guess a good movie needs to cast someone as the villain.

9. LaSalleAve

This is what I see anytime I see Marky Mark now.