Debt Ceiling Deadline - August 2nd

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Jul 11, 2011.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So are you talking about all corporations or just select industries like tobacco, oil, chemical, and baby food?

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

He doesn't know what he is talking about. Of course there are bad seeds and bad people that do bad things from time to time.

And no the bottom-line isn't all they are about. They create jobs, donate to charity, have social responsibilities. And companies that do these things will be here a long time.

The market will weed out those that consumers don't like.

The govt. picking and choosing what you get doesn't make any of what LaSalle says better.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No not all, just most.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Its amazing how some people demonize the corporations, industries and Capitolist free enterprise system that has made the United States of America the richest, most free and most successful country the world has ever seen. These people want to take a winning game plan and strip it of what has made it so successful. The drive for corporations to make a profit and for individuals to become filthy stinking rich is the motivation that has fueled the success of this nation. All the great new products that has advanced this country has had the motivation of turning a profit and making someone rich. Every time an individual does something to further his career it's to earn more money. Why do some demonize profits and the desire to be rich when it's the recipe for success.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I was just wondering because I work at this large corporation and I thought my friends here were really good people. But now I know they are just fooling me. Last year we worked all day in the peanut butter factory and made about 3,000 jars of peanut butter for the Houston Food bank and I thought it was to help the hungry. But now I know it was so someone could slip poison in the food.

And when we spent all day in the heat for Rebuild Houston and fixed that house up for that nice lady it had nothing to do with community service. Someone from our “CORPORATION” used the time to put “incandescent light bulbs” (the horror) in the light fixtures so we could sell her more electricity.

There is no doubt the blankets for the homeless we collected from our fellow employees were made from asbestos ‘cuze us corporate types live for fun things like giving people incurable diseases’, right?

And Toys for Tots - (snicker) really Razorblades for Rascals (heh heh heh).

LaSalle, there are a lot of things you say I agree with, but if you buy into the ‘all corporations are evil’ crap - well I’m sorry but there is just no nice way to say it; that’s just stupid.

6. LaSalleAve

When you stomp all over the environment and human rights just for profit you are ****ing evil and should be destroyed at all costs.

7. LaSalleAve

You are the worker, you are excluded. I'm talking about the bastards upstairs.

Some examples

The 14 Most Evil Corporations (according to Global Exchange) at The Healthy Parenting Blog

what about the banks? the banks who were bailed out, and then used the bailout money to write their CEO's checks, instead of giving small business loans like they were supposed to do.

Tobacco companies, who lied for years about what was in cigs. Oil companies who pollute and destroy environments.

Natural Gas companies who will not reveal things involved with hydraulic fracturing or fracking, which in PA has poisoned drinking water.

Wal Mart, i mean come on do I need to say more?

I don't mind corporations IF they are regulated. When you deregulate and let them go unchecked, you get Enron.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

NO I'm not excluded. I make the products my corporation sells. I create the service we provide. That's true of all corporations. The rich guy upstairs wouldn't put arsenic in the baby food - someone exactly like me would.

Profiling is a lazy thought process.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you have a point, try to make it.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Don’t forget - almost every one of the "new financing’ ideas that Enron ‘invented’ which eventually led to the “ENRON” crash were started under Clinton’s watch. You may remember he is not a Republican. Just saying.

And deregulation also gave you dirt cheap communication rates and much cheaper air transportation.

In Texas power deregulation means that we have the opportunity to choose who we buy electricity from. Including the ability to choose wind generated energy if we are willing to pay for it.

Deregulation is a word people use to push your button. It only works if you let it.