Debt Ceiling Deadline - August 2nd

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Jul 11, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Sure it does. You are evil too because you disagree. :D just kidding.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

obama walks out of Debt Limit talks........

[​IMG]

Just a guess, they wouldn't let him use a teleprompter?

3. LaSalleAve

I would walk out too, it's never been an issue until now. If the Republicans thought they could put up a fight about what kind of toilet paper is used in the White House, they would do it. Obama wants 2 ply, the GOP wants 1 ply because it's more cost effective, and the President doesn't need to wipe his ass anyway.

But, Obama kind of f'd himself on this one because when he was a Senator he actually voted against raising the debt ceiling himself, so I guess it's somewhat fair game.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Kerry complicated matters with his now infamous words, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

[​IMG]

5. LaSalleAve

6. joker

joker Founding Member

Americans, like most people of the world, are morons.

American's have run up their own debt because they MUST have the latest television, car and big house.

Now that the chickens have come home to roost, they don't like it.

The federal government (via the people) has been looting the wallets of it's grandchildren for years. Now it's time to pay the piper.

The only adults in Washington are the Republicans who are holding their ground and refusing to increase the debt limit without appropriate matching budget cuts.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Let's see. We want to increase the debt limit so we can borrow more money to pay for chit we already owe or want to buy.

Any intelligent person knows the situation is just F'd up.

8. LaSalleAve

No we want to raise the debt limit so we don't default on our loans. It's also pretty funny that any GOP budget plan that would have passed would have also required a raise on the debt ceiling. They are holding it hostage to get what they want, which has never been done before.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

69 Percent of the Public oppose raising the debt limit. Obama: The American people don’t understand politics*|*Politisite

10. joker

joker Founding Member

If your kids went nuts and maxed out their credit cards, would you just pay it off and let them keep spending or would you require them to cut up the cards and stop spending?

I guess requiring them to be responsible as a requirement for paying off their debt would be considered "hostage holding".

Gotta love liberals. Their answer to everything is to spend and spend and spend (other people's money) and then even after their spending spree puts the country into debt, they cry when responsible people dare attach conditions to their debt.