Dear Steve Scalise, your prayers do NOTHING.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 3, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Mexico is pretty violent. If only they counted deaths due to the drug wars....

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

A suppressed AR15 is measured around 136dBL for a good quality can. At 200 meters the sound level would be measured at 88dBL. That's a little louder than standing beside a running lawnmower. Can you hear a lawnmower when you are standing beside it? That's how loud an AR15 shot suppressed from 200m away is. But... that is just the measurement of the muzzle blast. Any high powered rifle the bullet is supersonic and is propagating a supersonic shock wave (sonic boom) as is moves down range. That is the "crackling" sound you will hear down range. Again google search finds some testing that shows a bullet's supersonic shock wave will be in the range of 135+ dBA and there is nothing a suppressor will ever do to mask that sound signature. That is a 135dBA noise propagating down the lane of fire you that you should easily be able to hear unless you are deaf. -6dB per doubling of the distance away from the shock wave you are still over 100dBL when you are over 56M away from where the bullet passes by. That shock wave noise level is constant until you hit about 1300fps then it starts dropping off quickly. Plugging numbers into my ballistics calculator, standard XM193 556 ball ammo will not drop down to that velocity level until you hit the 600 yard range.

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Which is why you should wear ear protection when using firearms.

A public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood audiologist. :)

el005639 likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Touche turn about is fair play I have done that to you. My excuse is age are you getting old like me? LOL.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What by starting Fast an Furious and putting more guns in the hands of drug cartels and causing the deaths of more people? Your still a turd in a punch bowl on this site. Your mindless hate will consume whats left of your brain. Still waiting for some sympathy and kind thoughts for Steve Scalise and now the victims in Vegas. Of course there is none forth coming from you Scalise is a conservative and the victims in Vegas are country music fans.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If you mean raw numbers, sure, because we also have the highest population, by far, of any nation that allows private gun ownership. But the murder rate has decreased with the increase in private ownership over the last 20 years.
    upload_2017-10-4_7-29-3.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-4_7-29-35.png

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Rate.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If rate is your concern, see the charts above. The rate is coming down; what we're doing is working. Its not perfect and it will never be perfect. But its getting better.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

LOL.

Our rate is eleven times higher than the next advanced country. Your "solution" is unsatisfactory.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Not only is Scalise an asshole, new evidence indicates that he's a moron:

“I think we see too much of that where people say, ‘OK, now you have to have gun controls. Frankly, what I experienced was when there was a shooter, we had — luckily we had Capitol police there with their own guns.”

Good god almighty... nobody is calling for police to be de-gunned.