DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Dec 21, 2020.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Rabid and barking at your shadow.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

day25withnoDC

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I hear lots of good things about Nielsen, and if we've hired Peetz (sp?) with no OC experience but he's worked with a good OC, why not hire Nielsen with no DC experience but he's worked with a good DC? I'd have to say its risky for O; after last season blowing either of these hires could use up any good will he has left. But if you're going to gamble, I'd say the odds are pretty good with both of these guys (thrown Mangas in there as well).

OTOH, if you're going to give the DC job to guy with a good coaching track record but no experience at the actual position, why not just go with Corey Raymond? He's already on staff so he's a known commodity in the program, its a given that someone's going to give him a shot sooner or later, and since he's the best recruiter on staff, it behooves us to ensure his continued presence.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well my barking has more common sense and truth than many who post here.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If we are modeling our offense like the Saints why not model our defense like the Saints. As far as Corey all I can say I find it curious he has never been offered the DC job so there must be a reason.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well the opportunity has only come up once, last year. Again, if we're going to roll the dice, I have no issue with rolling the dice on Neilsen, but I don't want to lose Raymond in the process.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I am just kind of curious as to whether the DC role HAS been offered to CR and he has simply turned it down? I mean, it is a possibility and speculative at best, but so is having not offered him which many seem to be convinced is the case.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I would think Corey and O have discussed this before. The fact that he was not offered after Aranda and now after Pelini says he is just not qualified or doesn't want it.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I thought he interviewed for the DC job at Ga a couple years ago, wasn't that the case? Has to be something...

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are right he did I forgot that. Well since Ga didn't hire him that should also tell you he is not a qualified DC. I would hate to think that O would premote CR or anyone else on the staff just to be loyal because they have been on your staff for a while. O needs to get this right and can't afford to just be nice and loyal.

lsu-i-like likes this.