DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Dec 21, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I like him, but wonder how will he would do against Saban & other SEC teams.

unclenick likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I won’t be as easy as it is in the AAC. But from what I’ve seen he has done a great job with little talent. Anybody unproven is a ?

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Of course it gets worse, worse is exactly where he came from. Worse is where he is going. Dude hadn't DC'd for a decade, so yeah I doubt seriously he was so hand tied he was forced to bring the shittiest defense in LSU history. Jesus, give Pelini a little credit for the results, will ya.

Chipeace likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

I wonder how much of his struggles were catching up to today’s style of offense vs having to coach a different breed of player. These kids today are not of the same mentality they were back in 2007. A lot more entitled

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Did O recruit the proper players or have correct players on hand to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 in 1 season? No he did not. But that's what he asked Pelini to do, obviously it failed. Nobody that follows football is surprised.

unclenick, asignupe99 and Hou-duco like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

If ever there was a reason for his failure, it's this right here. Add to that a bunch built on a different scheme being asked to run a 4-3. But it is true, having to scheme against the spread, a high tempo spread has proven damn near impossible. All we proved with Pelini is that a coordinator with success a decade ago is not favored to jump back into success. I was willing to give him another year for that, but I also realize an improvement would still be middle of the pack results. O seems to think the 4-3 is the answer to the spread, so that narrows the approach for who's next.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

I think I literally agreed with you before you said it.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Can't figure out the recruits today. Some seem like they dont want to hit or be hit & take way too many plays off. Then they get on twitter & whine about things.

unclenick and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

The problem with the 4-3 is you need both quality and depth up front. We’re building that now, we didn’t have that this year. We’ve always put our corners on islands at LSU and taken our chances. The bulk of our problems this year were rub routes and crossing routes, blown assignments, poor tackling and at times, just a lack of effort. That was what was most concerning to me.

10. LSU_4_LIFE