DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It could be better but we are not closer to Ark we are closer to A&M. Had not so damm many left last year and Shelvin and Vincent not opted out we would have been better. I like who's coming back and who's coming in. A healed Stingley and Ricks at CB with some depth behind them, a deeper LB group and our DL will be much better. Roy, Gilloury, Farrell, Taylor, Evans, Logan with Langston and Mason Smith coming in at DT. Gaye, Jackson, Jones and Ojulari at DE.

I like our chances next year.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I’m with you that I was not overwhelmed by Arkansas’s D and Odom this year. But the national stats mean absolutely nothing this year. Arkansas played an all-SEC schedule. You can compare them to the rest of the SEC, but when the conferences don’t play each other, comparing them nationally is meaningless. Look at Clemson’s defense for example. Stellar rankings nationally. Then they play a Big Ten team and get demolished.

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

O must care a lot about not having minorities on staff right? What with Raymond, Faulk, Joseph, etc.

mctiger likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. They just played some random Big Ten team......

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The obvious problem with your take is that O is on the record, publicly saying that Freeman was his #1 choice. Not buying what you’re selling even a little bit.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    shane0911 and furduknfish like this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Northwestern made that random Big Ten team’s passing game look pretty bad.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We lost to Troy once.

tzanghi likes this.
  8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

True. It’s only one data point. I’m just saying the national stats suck this year. Imagine if we had Clemson’s schedule this year. Think we could’ve gone at least 7-3?

I don’t like Odom for the job like I don’t like most of the older guys on the defensive side of the ball right now. None of them can think of a creative way to stop the spread and the RPO/wide receiver screen game because they’re entrenched in football dogma. I think we need one of these young guys who doesn’t know anything other than defending the spread so they have some answers and hopefully can come up with more.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I wouldnt go as far as none of them but it does seem the majority are having trouble adapting.

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Fair point. Venables seems to do well with it if his talent level can hold up.